Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 09 Jul 2024, 08:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2006, 14:03 
Editors
Editors

Hey guys ...

With great thanks to madmos5y ... who made the modified .bin files.

To get it going in TripleHead ... ALL the Triplehead resolutions
Get them here ... R6-Vegas ... TRIPLEHEAD files

The game settings are at medium, providing you do not alter the display resolution ingame you can increase or decrease detail settings as you wish.
You will need a very very good system to run this at 3840x1024.

Choose the .bin file for the resolution you want to use
Rename the file you want to use to ... R6GameConfig.bin ... and copy and paste it here ...

"My DocumentsUbisoftR6Vegas" over write if you get prompted. (Make a back-up of the original just in case ... )

4:3 ...

TripleHead ... the HUD remains on the center screen ... :D

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2006, 14:09 
Editors
Editors

Is it just me or does this look almost identical to GRAW? :?

Cool shots though :D

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2006, 14:13 
Editors
Editors

The training mission is in mexico and so looks very like GRAW ... but I think the colours are richer/better and overall way better graphically.
It's a shame that there is no native WS or AA.
I did manage to enable AA on my machine with the two 8800's but it disables the shadows ... :?

Game-play is way better too IMHO ... :D

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2006, 02:11 

The training mission is in mexico and so looks very like GRAW ... but I think the colours are richer/better and overall way better graphically.
It's a shame that there is no native WS or AA.
I did manage to enable AA on my machine with the two 8800's but it disables the shadows ... :?

Game-play is way better too IMHO ... :D

Gah!!! I didn't know (but should have guessed) that you upgraded to 2x8800GTX.

Arrgh Paddy!! You always gotta make everyone's systems look so.... how should I put this... "crappy".

I think I would rather have shadows than AA. I know you HATE jaggies, but I really like the shadows in this game.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2006, 09:30 
Editors
Editors

Arrgh Paddy!! You always gotta make everyone's systems look so.... how should I put this... "crappy".
:D ... I just had to buy them ... one of them on it's own is better that the two 7950's I had ... :shock: ... and in general by about 30fps. In GRAW my frame rates about doubled ... 8)
I hate to think how slow this game would be without them but then again it seems from what I have read it's not really running very fast on any system.
I hope they can optimise the drivers some more as the two cards (at the moment) aren't that much better than just running one.

I think I would rather have shadows than AA. I know you HATE jaggies, but I really like the shadows in this game.
Yeah on this one I agree without the shadows it doesn't look right.
I'm doing most of my playing at 1920x1200 and the jaggies aren't so bad as some games. GRAW when it first came out had huge jaggies at 1920x1200.
It would look so much better with some AA ... and the 360 has AA.
BTW ... I noticed that on the first Vegas mission there doesn't seem to be any shadows ... then towards the end of the mission they started to come back ... very strange ... :? .... did you get this ?

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2006, 03:54 

BTW ... I noticed that on the first Vegas mission there doesn't seem to be any shadows ... then towards the end of the mission they started to come back ... very strange ... :? .... did you get this ?

Are you talking about on the streets on the Vegas strip? I did not notice that, I was probably too busy getting shot at. I will look again and see if the same thing happens on an ATI platform.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2006, 04:37 

your two 8800GTX's make my single ATI Mobility X300 look like a cardboard box compared to the Empire State building

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2006, 09:53 
Editors
Editors

Are you talking about on the streets on the Vegas strip?
Yeah ... and I have also noticed it is one or two other places and sometimes it can be really subtle.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2006, 04:29 

I have to say, the widescreen in this game is just amazing. When I put the 8800GTX in my system for X-mas, I intend to be playing this on my 24" right away :) (The game doesn't run on SM2.0 cards like mine).

Aside from some of the problems this game has (Sluggy performance, incomplete porting from the 360, etc) it IS what widescreen gaming should be [with the hack that is]. The HUD stays on the center, while allowing a Hor + viewing area (A Matrox gamer's dream!). One question though, is PB active for online games in Vegas yet? Will PB kick for this kind of thing? I'm asking because it requires modifiying .BIN files.

P.S. BEAUTIFUL screenshots!

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2006, 05:45 
Editors
Editors

this game is completely unplayable at 3840x1024 with 2x7800GTX in SLI... lol oh well