Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 May 2024, 15:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2016, 06:39 

Hi WSGF-ers.

So a quick post specifically designed to seek out the creators of the Flawless Widescreen app in a quest to garner their support in creating one final patch that would correct the USER INTERFACE issue for widescreen in what is now undoubtedly the final patched version of the game...

Currently widescreen works perfectly by editing the .ini prefs file ... - I don't need you all referencing/linking this fix or that work around... this is understood and functional. (So don't go taking this thread off topic pls!!) :twothumb:

You see, this thread is about seeking out the Flawless Widescreen App developer with the quest being to ask them if they would kindly do one last update that would fix the broken UI in the games last and final patched version - which is currently not supported by the FW App. This would leave the game eternally in a state of perfection for WSG glory. :rockout:

It''s an age old Bethesda games problem, the same as was recently experienced with Fallout 4 on release... When run in Widescreen the USER INTERFACE scales with the world resolution and becomes unusable half off screen half lost... (Why the hell Bethesda can't recognize this issue and release their games widescreen ready is beyond me... :thumbdown: )

In previously supported versions of Skyrim the FW App had corrected this... But then the App dropped support for the game, after which Bethesda released a new patch... and.... now it's broken again... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: The Skyrim game doesn't even show up in the list of games in app.

So... In closing -

1. > Who knows how to contact the Flawless Widescreen app's developers so we (Skyrimmers) can ask them politely to help us fix the issue,
and,
2.> Who is willing to help support me on this quest for one final correction to the Skyrim Widescreen UI?

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2016, 23:48 

No correction or patch needed.

Flawless Widescreen supports the last and final version of Skyrim and the game appears normally in the menu in the latest version, listing all the fixes made.
I play on triple screens and have there are no problems either with FW or with the UI /scaling. It certainly isn't broken or unsupported.

The problem is at your end, especially if Skyrim is not showing in FW.

Attachment:
FW.jpg
FW.jpg [ 182.67 KiB | Viewed 7148 times ]

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2016, 03:38 

Hi Cygnus,

Thanks for your post and image... it allowed me to understand the version I had of FW didn't have the Skyrim fix - weird.

I have DL the latest version and as yousay it's sweet as a button.

Thanks man!

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2016, 04:05 

ok.

So I have now got all the UI working perfectly, - However...

The crosshair and the HUD area is now off centre to the left by about 2 1/2 inches :doh:

Anyone got any ideas on the fix for this issue?

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2016, 06:39 

Might be any messing around you did with the INI files still applying over what FW is doing. Perhaps restore original values?

Or verify game cache from steam to get original game in pristine state. DON'T do this if you have installed mods since they might be overwritten.

By the way, I recommend 4 essentials for Skyrim:

1] Mod Organizer
2] S.T.E.P program
3] Skyrim GEMS
4] Nexus Mods.

Mod Organizer is excellent for experimenting without harm, although takes a while to get used to.

Also look at GamerPoet's Tutorials on youtube eg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akfICm8eCWs

PostPosted: 19 May 2016, 03:10 

I have this same off center hud issue. Clean install have not messed with any .ini folders.

Never mind, had it on over ride and hud location was off because of that. Fixed.