Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 May 2024, 17:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2010, 16:20 

It will be interesting to see how this is implemented. I have been planning an FSX system which eventually will have 6 monitors. 3 Monitors up high for outside view, with 3 smaller monitors beneath them for cockpit instruments. I currently have a 5870 and was planning on adding a second card for the other 3 monitors. It doesn't sound like I would be able to hook 6 monitors up to 2 Fermi cards, and there is no way I am buying 3 of those furnaces. I guess I could go with 3 up high and 1 monitor down low if I wanted to go the nVidia route (assuming that would be possible).

This sounds awesome, and I will be keeping a close eye on it over the next few months.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2010, 02:18 

[quote]Sorry, 200 series cards are still more expensive than 5800 series cards in the UK, and they're not as good (lacking DX11, using more power at idle and load) however if they do drop in price, I'll agree that it could compete. It needs to be considered that EyeFinity will run off a single card - 3DVS needs SLI, so double the cost of cards, further increased power draw etc.

The idea of being able to use just DVI monitors though is very appealing. :)

It's good news for those who already have one or two 200 series card. I agree that it's not an attractive solution performance and price wise for a new setup.

Exactly Right. I was going to spring for a 5870, BUT I heard this news. I allready have a GTX285 now, and an SLI board may need to up my 800watt PSU but thats no problem. Got my gtx285 for $180 bucks off ebay works like a charm, Pick another one up im set. Allready have 3 monitors using softth

Good marketing on Nvidias part, even if I buy one of there older cards, They kept me as a customer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8