Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 10:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2010, 07:39 

Hi all,

I am very happy with the new surround drivers! I have a few feature requests that I rekon would make the drivers even better. Something along these lines will probably appear in the non beta ones anyway but I thought I would start a new thread anyway to generate discussion!

1: The ability to automatically switch from individual monitors to surround mode when an application (game) selects a surround resolution. To compliment this, the ability to switch between spanned surround mode and individual monitors based on resolution selectued using the windows utility.
Example: I use two seperate monitors for productivity (3 is too much IMHO). Windows 7 maximises to full/half screen perfectly, taskbar is one monitor wide, new windows are placed correctly, etc. I want the driver to automatically switch to surround mode when I fire up a game that requests 5040x1050. I also want it to go back to 2 x individual monitors when I return to windows.

2: If the above is not possible or perhaps in addition to the above, it would help productivity when using windows in surround mode if things would maximise to the display they are on instead of the whole panorama. The maxtor utility did this.

3: When the drivers are in surround mode and I select a single monitor resolution (1680x1050), one monitor goes to standby but the other one remains on (backlight on as well). Actually this is probably a bug...

This is all I can think of after one night of use so I am a very happy customer!

Thoughts?

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2010, 17:16 

I have also been running into the same issues as you, the good news is the Matrox Software still works for maximizing windows to the current monitor...

Follow the link in my sig to see how I have got my Windows desktop in Surround mode to work well enough that I never need to change back to non-surround mode. I imagine Nvidia will have to come out with a version of their nView software that does what the Matrox Desktop software does.

I also like how the monitors blank or go black with backlight on when I am in 1680x1050, I used to have to flick a power strip off that I had the left and right connected to for single monitor gaming...

Overall Surround gaming has been near flawless, installed Battlefield Bad Company 2, cranked up to High Detail, and just been walking around noticing the DX11 HBAO (Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion) weather, shadow, sunlight, and wind effects, they are impressive in triplewide.

Core i7-8086K @ 5.0 Ghz | H60 | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB | Soundblaster Z | Asus Z370-A

16GB DDR4 | Win10 x64 | 3x27" Asus IPS @ 5760x1080 | Samsung 970 1TB NVMe