Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 08:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 07:12 

Hey guys, not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but after installing this driver and enabling surround, 1 monitor goes completely black. I have tried every configuration when connecting my 3 monitors to my 2 280 gtx's. I simply can not get this to work. Does anybody have any idea why? I even reformatted my system completely and I am still getting the same issue.

My cards are exactly the same (brand, model, factory clocked) and I have 3 of the same exact monitors too.

Also, for those that got it to work, were you able to also connect an additional monitor? I currently use my triplehead2go and a 30 inch screen for movies and etc. Will these drivers allow me to do the same once I get it to work? Thank you all advance for any help you can give me.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 12:35 

Hey guys, not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but after installing this driver and enabling surround, 1 monitor goes completely black. I have tried every configuration when connecting my 3 monitors to my 2 280 gtx's. I simply can not get this to work. Does anybody have any idea why? I even reformatted my system completely and I am still getting the same issue.

My cards are exactly the same (brand, model, factory clocked) and I have 3 of the same exact monitors too.

Also, for those that got it to work, were you able to also connect an additional monitor? I currently use my triplehead2go and a 30 inch screen for movies and etc. Will these drivers allow me to do the same once I get it to work? Thank you all advance for any help you can give me.
:
let me get this straight
-without TH2Go into the equation can you get all 3 monitors to display something (either in clone or extended desktop or something) ?
-do you have any utility to watch frequencies, I'm thinking maybe the idle frequencies are too low for the card that has 2 monitors connected to it
-did you try to switch around the third monitor from one card to the other ?
-is the monitor going black completely random ?
-does the monitor menu still respond when it's black ? if yes does it have information showing what kind of resolution + refresh rate is pushed to it ?

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2010, 00:20 

Hi, didn't even realize this got moved and I thank the mods for making this a separate thread for me and I do apologize for posting this issue on the other thread.

When using the triplehead2go, everything runs completely fine so I can assume my hardware is working correctly.

Before enabling surround, all three monitors work fine in clone and extended desktop.

The monitor that goes black is usually depends on how I connect them to my cards. When connecting them according to the diagram that is displayed before enabling surround, the (facing the monitors) far right one goes black and completely goes inactive (I get a nice blue light when it's working and it goes orange when it's not in use).

The funny thing is, when I change the resolution to 3840 x 1024, all three screens start to work again. I go back to 5040 x 1050 and poof, the far right monitor goes black once again.

I have tried every possible configuration (montiors 1 and 2 at the top card, monitor 3 bottom, then swapped it around in every possible way). Even swapped my cards around too and tried all configurations as well. Every time I swap something, one of the monitors will go black no matter what.

It's pretty frustrating :T

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2010, 01:14 

since I have absolutely no idea what the diagram look like either you have a way of showing it to me, either it would be nice of you to precise a couple of things:
-specifically the monitor that goes black has always a "companion" monitor plugged into the same gfx card right ?
I mean: if monitor A & B are both connected to gfx card 1 and monitor C connected to gfx card 2 then either A or B will get the problem right ?

-downloading MSI afterburner (even if you don't have an MSI card, it doesn't matter) might be a good idea (alternatively rivatuner is good too)
the fact that it does work for lower resolutions makes me think that maybe the gfx card doesn't have enough "juice" to refresh two screens at once

When EF got launched some reviews pointed out that the more screens you have the more the gfx card elevates its frequencies just because it has to refresh more screens at once which means a slightly higher strain on gfx memory & other gfx components.
my GTX285 for example will elevate its frequencies up to full 3D mode just by connecting another screen to it.
So in the light of this I wonder if there's not an issue with too low GPU & memory frequencies for the GPU that handles two screens at once in surround mode ... hence the suggestion for getting MSI afterburner