Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Oct 2024, 14:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 08:33 

I just finished my new build and accumulated three 27" monitors in the hopes of playing Skyrim in a panoramic 3-monitor setup, but it hasn't been working out very smoothly. Hope someone can help or point me to a resource specific to my setup.

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (bios F10)
16gb DDR3 1600
i5-2500k, unclocked
2x GTX 560 Ti's in SLI
Planar PX2710MW, Samsung Syncmaster P2770FH, Viewsonic VA2702w

I thought I could connect 2 monitors to one card and the remaining monitor to the other card, since Nvidia's multi-mon webpage shows that setup for SLI'ed 560ti's, but when I have all three connected to cards, Nvidia Control Panel says SLI only supports 2 monitors. So I tried connecting the third monitor to the HDMI on the back panel and now I can extend my desktop across all three monitors, but Skyrim doesn't detect this and plays on the main monitor only. I tried changing to 5760 and 1080 in SkyrimPrefs file, but then the game would not start. Then I disabled fullscreen but 5760x1080 gives me a horrendously large Skyrim window that doesn't fit on three monitors.
Also, now that I have Intel graphics running one of the monitors, the setup is really buggy. Often, when I change some detail in Nvidia Control Panel or Intel Graphics control panel like main monitor identity or response time, or even turn one of the monitors off using its power button, the other mo
nitors will freak out and lose their signal and go idle.
I just want to play Skyrim... any advice? Why is this not working when Nvidia says dual SLI 560ti's support three monitors?
Thanks for listening.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 18:15 

Hiya, very first thing you want to be sure of is that in the Nvidia control panel under "Configure SLI, PhysX, Surround" that you have the ability to and have setup the 'Span displays with Surround' option in place. That's pretty much the big key here I think, once you have a surround display with a total resolution of your three monitors then Skyrim should be cool with your settings in the prefs file to make use of it. Not sure how your Intel adapter fits into this but as far as I know it shouldn't be part of this setup at all else things won't work. Basic thing: Skyrim itself doesn't understand multiple monitors so the trick is to ensure that the Nvidia control panel is setup in a way that its declaring your monitors as one big one.