Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 08:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2013, 22:12 

I built a tri-SLI rig using three GTX 680s, a Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 motherboard and three Dell U2412M monitors. The motherboard has the PLX PEX 8747 chip that allows the 16 PCIe 3.0 lanes to behave like 32 lanes. I used the top three PCIe slots for the video cards and connected the monitors according to nVidia's recommendations, i.e. the top card is connected to the center monitor by 1st DVI connector, the middle card is connected to the left monitor by 1st DVI connector and the bottom card is connected to the right monitor by 1st DVI connector. I can setup and use SLI for the center monitor alone or for surround and it works fine. But I have two annoying issues.

1. Whenever I disable SLI, the primary (center) display changes to the left monitor. It doesn't matter that I initially set the center monitor to be the primary before I activate SLI and bezel correction. I do this and surround works normally. But as soon as I disable SLI to just use a single monitor, single card desktop, it moves to the left monitor. I can overcome this by rearranging the monitor icons again, but it's a pain and I can't believe that I should have to do this.

2. The other thing that happens is whenever I return to SLI and Surround, I have to completely go through the configuration process again. It never remembers my bezel corrected resolutions.

Is this a common problem with nVidia Surround? Do you think it's a problem with the drivers, my monitors or the PLX chip? Is there a solution? I'm brand new to surround gaming and would love some help. Thanks.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2013, 23:19 

Its nVidia crappy drivers. I have the same problems... and much more to be honest.