Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Sep 2024, 11:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2008, 00:58 

I hate my MX Revolution. Horrible mouse IMO. :(

Logitech G5 is awesome. G7 if you want something without a tail.

or the VX Nano for a super-portable mouse. I really like mine. :)

I dislike the G5/7 because of the scroll wheel. The 'mouse3' button is practically worthless on those mice because 75% of the time you try to use it you side scroll to the left.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2008, 02:48 

[quote]I hate my MX Revolution. Horrible mouse IMO. :(

Logitech G5 is awesome. G7 if you want something without a tail.

or the VX Nano for a super-portable mouse. I really like mine. :)

I dislike the G5/7 because of the scroll wheel. The 'mouse3' button is practically worthless on those mice because 75% of the time you try to use it you side scroll to the left.

My microsoft mouse mouse3 button works fine, but it is also quite stiff for side to side scrolling so maybe that helps

I have used the vx revolution and it is very nice, the scroll wheel is great, only qualm is in free scroll mode, if you pick mouse up, sometimes momentum/gravity causes the thing to scroll :roll: other than that a nice mouse, the vx nano is way too small for my hands, my pinky is in pain rather quickly.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2008, 04:45 

I bought the Logitech MX5500 combo that comes with a BT version of the MX Revolution; amazing mouse. While I still think MX1000 wins in terms of ergonomics (not by a hueg margin), I've really grown to love all the functions this thing has.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2008, 06:34 

sounds like revolution MX is a winner....

anyone tried the Microsoft natural 6000 mouse.... it looks very comfort to use

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2008, 14:18 
Editors
Editors

I'll try to answer like this, rather than quote-spamming. ;)

Mobster... I don't like the MX Rev because it's just plain not comfortable for my hand. I dunno whether my hand is too big, or whether I just 'fingertip' my mice too much (only time I ever let my hand rest on the mouse is when I'm playing an RTS... at which point I turn the mouse sensitivity up miles) but it just doesn't fit the shape I put my hand in when mousing around. :( As for the mouse wearing out... yeah, my VX Nano is starting to do some crazy shit sometimes; it'll decide I've clicked when I haven't, or ignore the fact that I've clicked, or decide that when I'm holding the button that I'm not holding it any more. Very annoying. I might order another from Amazon.

DaFox... I don't install the Logitech drivers, so the left/right on the mousewheel doesn't work. ;)

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 01:15 

DaFox... I don't install the Logitech drivers, so the left/right on the mousewheel doesn't work. ;)

Hmm I recall it working without the drivers but even so I use mouse3 so much and it just does not work well at all with the g5/7. At the very least with the drivers installed you can atleast make scroll left act as mouse 3 which is what my friend did with his mouse.

[I use mouse3 for closing tabs, and alt fire in games]

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 01:51 

I really like Logitech mice. The G5 and 7 are good but I think the most comfortable are the MX and VX Revolutions. No experience with the VX Nano ufnortunately. I find the MX to be really big however, so I opted to buy a VX Rev., which fits perfectly into my hand. I never get tired with it unlike my old periwinkle MS optical thing.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 01:56 
Insiders
Insiders

Mobster... I don't like the MX Rev because it's just plain not comfortable for my hand. I dunno whether my hand is too big, or whether I just 'fingertip' my mice too much (only time I ever let my hand rest on the mouse is when I'm playing an RTS... at which point I turn the mouse sensitivity up miles) but it just doesn't fit the shape I put my hand in when mousing around.

Yeah that certainly does sound like a deal breaker, the MX Revolution is definitely a mouse that should be "demoed" before buying it to make sure its comfortable in your hand. My new one shows up in SetPoint as "MX Revolution mk2" so maybe there is some improvements over my last one!

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 23:39 
Editors
Editors

Yeah that certainly does sound like a deal breaker, the MX Revolution is definitely a mouse that should be "demoed" before buying it to make sure its comfortable in your hand. My new one shows up in SetPoint as "MX Revolution mk2" so maybe there is some improvements over my last one!

The real bugger is, when I tried it in the shop, I thought it was comfortable. It's only after using it properly (and for more than a few minutes) that I realised that I don't like it all that much. :(

[I use mouse3 for closing tabs, and alt fire in games]

So do I.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 23:44 

i use that to open extra tab.... as for closing tab.... ctrl+w or press the 'PowerMate' controller

got used to two hand browsing .... found that faster :roll: