Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 07:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2006, 05:56 

[quote]
Oh yeah what about San Andreas?

Doom 3

geez.. Does no one read my posts? Why do I bother.. :?
Fair point. We need to get the resolutions updated on the MGL for Jupix's contributions.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2006, 11:32 

Okay, now here's a pointer for all SLI & 2560x1600 users:

Whether your game works or not might be a driver related issue. I just tried GTA: San Andreas and GTA3 on my 7800GTX SLI rig and 84.43 Beta drivers and had some serious problems with both games. San Andreas was completely unplayable because of graphics corruption and there was noticeable horizontal striping in GTA3. I also tried Oblivion and it crashed with BSOD immediately, however, it is uncertain if that particular crash was caused by the drivers.

Anyway, I upgraded to the latest driver set (91.33 Beta) and everything now works flawlessly.

So if you do have SLI and are experiencing problems running games at 2560x1600 I recommend upgrading to the latest drivers.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2006, 13:40 

Proud to be part of the 3007 users :D
Well, i also tested the following games and they work at 2560x1600 without a problem:
Far Cry
Unreal Tournament 2004
Call of Duty 2
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Need for Speed Most Wanted

Will be testing some others later. The only one that i remember that couldnt play at more than 1920x1200 is Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. I dont know if i did something wrong but i will retry later.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2006, 17:06 
Founder
Founder

I've created a usergroup for 30" panel owners, and added the folks listed here with a 30" panel in their posession or on order. I may be emailing you about testing games (and I'm hoping to provide some of them for you), or asking for games to be tested.

The group is open. Others can add themselves, existing members can remove themselves if they don't want to get the periodic emails (though you may miss out on some free games).

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2006, 18:52 

[quote]
Oh yeah what about San Andreas?

Doom 3

geez.. Does no one read my posts? Why do I bother.. :?

Yeah I realised you wrote those games , but I forgot as I was writing my list. I still wanted to know if those games support 2560x1600 nativley or if the config file has to be altered, and as far as I can see San Andreas doesn't seem to have a cofig file with the resoltions in there.

Also thank you Ibrin for including me in the 30 inch user group. I will be a good member by helping out as much as I can.

Unfortunatlkey I have been gyped by my online retailer Scan.co.uk. They claimed they had it in stock and ready for delivry, so I pay for it. the next day I find out that they are no longer in stock and havn't sent me one yet. Boy was I mad.

I got even angrier when they said that they have no idea when they are getting new ones, because Dell have no stock to give. I was thinking of getting my money back but there are very few places selling the Dell 3007wfp in the UK and even fewer that I trust and they have none in stock aswell.

I phoned Dell and apparentley they claim that scan havn't even placed any order for the 3007wfp and that they have loads to sell and are happy to supply Scan with a bulk order . They do take a while to deliver though if I went with them instaed where as Scan have next day delivery.

So now I am in a bind. I am pretty stressed out aswell. I feel that Scan have gyped me and are purposley not ordering more because they sold it to me at a cheap price and probably can't get that price from Dell anymore.

I wish I had another spare grand so I can order direct from Dell today ,so that I can see who dispatches quicker and then cancel whoever didn't. I am usually quiteimpatient anyway and this incident has really tested my patience. Also since today is Bank Holiday I can't even contact Scan so that I can tell them off fo lieng about Dell not having any monitors.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2006, 19:01 

Yeah I realised you wrote those games , but I forgot as I was writing my list. I still wanted to know if those games support 2560x1600 nativley or if the config file has to be altered, and as far as I can see San Andreas doesn't seem to have a cofig file with the resoltions in there.

Fair enough.

San Andreas works out of the box, but with Doom 3 you have to use the same config tweak as with every WS res.

- D3 Detailed Report

Oh and it seems you will have to wait "a while" even if you order your 3007 from the Scan shop.. So I'd recommend ordering straight from Dell :)

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2006, 17:45 

Finally got my Problem sorted with Scan . After getting my money back I went straight to Dell and ordered the screen. Should have my Dell 30 inch by Wednesday at the latest. So I will report back very soon after that with my initial response and hopefully some early conclusions on the use of 2560x1600 on my games. Should have all games tested, ready for my final conclusion by the following Monday.

By the way I have a X2 4800+ cpu clocked at 2.7ghz. My memory is 2gig DDR Corsair 3500ll twinX @ 500mhz . My GPUs are X1900XT-X crossfire clocked at 670mhz core and 785mhz memory (1.57ghz effective) . I know this is a bad ass rig and has enough juice to play any game at the native resoltion of 2560x1600 but will I still be able to use 4xAA and 8xAF like I usually do in my games?

I am concerend about Oblvion and FEAR . Those games very really struggling before, when I tried them at 1920x1200 on a monitor that I have since reurned. But I did have the settings maxed out and 4xaa, 8xAF and HDR enabled. Hopefully it won't be too much of a drop in performance from goung upto 2560x1600 from 1920x1200. I don't mind using just 2xAA , but I have to have at least that. Anyway I geuss I will find oit soon.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2006, 00:15 
Founder
Founder

Oblivion and FEAR are always system killers. Be sure to put your rig specs in your sig (and check the guidelines on the profile page). Glad to see you're getting yours sorted. I just got Bootcamp loaded on my Mac Pro. So, I will at least be able to test stuff, even if I can't play it that well (I only got the 7300s in it).

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2006, 07:27 

Just joined the forums after reading this post.
I am a 30" owner. I have the Apple Cinema 30"
PC specs are AMD 3800+, 7900GTX

I run half life 2 and DOD:S at 2560 x 1600 with no fps issues, all settings at high with 4AA & 8AF, still having 40-50FPS

Any games that need testing, let me know, will gladly test for everyone.

Im sure some of you would like to know how games run at resolution non SLI or CF machines..

Glad to be apart of the forums!!!

Joseph

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2006, 15:49 
Founder
Founder

Thanks for the info. I updated DOD:S in the MGL. Also added you to the 30" panel owners.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next