Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 08:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2016, 00:52 

Would the WSGF Ultimate V2 work for the following config in a 3 over 1 setup:

1x Dell 27" Gsync in middle of bottom row
2x Asus VH238H in portrait on the sides of the Dell
1x Dell U3415W above the the other three

The two Asus don't HAVE to be in portrait, but it would be my preferred setup. But will this work with the stand? I'm really only unsure of the Dell 34 UW on the top.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2016, 06:17 

I just received this stand and am setting in up with 3 ASUS 24" VG248QE monitors (I don't have the monitor I'm attaching up top yet). I am experiencing the arm sag on the outer monitors that others on this board have posted about. The height adjustment screws are sufficient in making up the difference and make the outer monitors vertically flush with the center monitor. The problem I have is that I can't rotate the left monitor to be flush with the center monitor. It needs to rotate more clockwise, but the pivots have stoppers that prevent any more rotation in that direction. Should I remove the stoppers or file down the groove? Would that cause an issue?

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2016, 03:59 

CaptainSteyr wrote:
I just received this stand and am setting in up with 3 ASUS 24" VG248QE monitors (I don't have the monitor I'm attaching up top yet). I am experiencing the arm sag on the outer monitors that others on this board have posted about. The height adjustment screws are sufficient in making up the difference and make the outer monitors vertically flush with the center monitor. The problem I have is that I can't rotate the left monitor to be flush with the center monitor. It needs to rotate more clockwise, but the pivots have stoppers that prevent any more rotation in that direction. Should I remove the stoppers or file down the groove? Would that cause an issue?

Don't remove the stopper of the mounts. Install the mount upside down (with the height adjustment screw pointing towards the floor) and rotate it the right way round. :)

I experienced arm sag as well, but I solved it by tightening the nuts on the arm further. They are hard to tighten further but it's possible.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2016, 06:08 
Founder
Founder

MrD1sturbed wrote:

The two Asus don't HAVE to be in portrait, but it would be my preferred setup. But will this work with the stand? I'm really only unsure of the Dell 34 UW on the top.

This will work. But, the two portrait monitors would have space between them and the center monitor. They still have to clear the top 34" panel.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2016, 06:11 

skipclarke wrote:
MrD1sturbed wrote:

This will work. But, the two portrait monitors would have space between them and the center monitor. They still have to clear the top 34" panel.

I'm actually ok with the space. The two sides are merely for monitoring Twitch chat, notifiers etc while i'm streaming. The two Dell's are the main monitors in the setup.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2016, 06:13 
Founder
Founder

c1em3ntchua wrote:
Don't remove the stopper of the mounts. Install the mount upside down (with the height adjustment screw pointing towards the floor) and rotate it the right way round. :)

I experienced arm sag as well, but I solved it by tightening the nuts on the arm further. They are hard to tighten further but it's possible.

Thanks for the help here. You are correct on the pivot. If it's not rotating far enough, then you'll need to remove the monitor and rotate it 90 or 180 degrees, and then you'll have plenty of room to rotate.

Sorry about the issue with the monitor arm not being tight. Looks like I may need to do some individual inspections on this lot.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2016, 03:53 

G'Day from Australia,

I'm just curious about the stands that you have on offer here.

i currently run 3 X Asus PB278Q as the picture below, but i wish to get a stand to make it a bit more stable.

My current play to mount the 3 27inc but i also wanted to mount a another 27 or 30 or even a longshot of a Sony 42" above it for my ps4.

So my question is since im new to this, what would be the best way to go about it or what parts would be best to get?

Thanks for you time.

Regards

David

Attachments:
File comment: Set-up
1186689_736972806336527_414402563_n.jpg
1186689_736972806336527_414402563_n.jpg [ 154.12 KiB | Viewed 2373 times ]

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2016, 04:13 
Founder
Founder

For those three monitors you'd need a WSGF Ultimate v2. The Ultimate v2 would also support "1+3" with another 27" over those three. To put a 30" or 42" above the three, you'd need to add the XL Pole (which we also offer in the store). Just be sure the TV you put up there has a 100mm VESA pattern. Some might have a larger pattern.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2016, 17:51 

skipclarke wrote:
The WSGF will work, but would be overkill. No need for you to buy more than you need. The dual vertical will work for you:

http://shop.ergotechgroup.com/dual-moni ... esk-stand/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NPEC5K

You may want to look into getting one of the "heavy duty" pivots for the X34. My experience is that the regular pivot tends to tilt forward with the weight of the Dell or LG 34" panels.

May I know where I can get the heavy duty pivots? Or does the WSGF v2 come with them?

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2016, 03:49 
Founder
Founder

Snipeon wrote:
May I know where I can get the heavy duty pivots? Or does the WSGF v2 come with them?
I have a couple. I could do a custom invoice through PayPal. I may update the WSGF Stand to include them in the future. However, I need to make sure enough people need that upgrade before I change the SKU as a whole.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 29  Next