Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 07:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2015, 03:16 

Interested in running 5x1 portrait. I have a NEC PA272W-BK 27" that is 14 7/8" on the short edge and 19.6lbs without stand. I have (4) Acer K272HUL 27" that are 14 15/16" on the short edge and 10lbs without stand.

Can you verify for me if the WSGF Edition Ultimate Desk Stand v2 will work with these, with the NEC in the center? Is there enough room to have ample degrees of separation between them?

Do I need any extra bars, or just what comes with this kit?

If I ever wanted to add anything above these, is that possible with extra parts, or am I maxed out after these 5?

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2015, 04:25 
Founder
Founder

Given the specs you've posted, the WSGF v2 should work fine for your 5x1-P setup. Monitor sizes have certainly come down over the last few years, and with thin bezels - it looks like 27" panels can now work in 5x1-P. Again, it all goes down to the specific specs of the monitor - and the ones you've posted look good.

You'll be able to get a good curve between them. I haven't had others complain using 24-25" panels with similar physical dimensions. Everything you need will come with the kit.

You could go with a taller pole (36" or 48" to do 1+ the 5x1-P). You'll just need to be careful with the weight and the weight distribution. Only a couple of people have tried what you're doing. Going with the Mega would provide more stability for this type of setup, but I can't say it's a requirement. If you felt it was, we can work an upgrade from the v2 to the Mega.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2015, 21:56 

Hello skip,

I currently have a BenQ XL2720Z and just recently purchased an Acer Predator X34. I would like to run these two monitors in a config that would have the X34 at regular eye level and the BenQ situated above it...like so:

[ ]
[ X34 ]

Will the WSGF Edition Stand work for this application? Would there be any alternatives that would not require the full WSGF Edition Stand?

I appreciate any feedback with this.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2015, 04:21 
Founder
Founder

The WSGF will work, but would be overkill. No need for you to buy more than you need. The dual vertical will work for you:

http://shop.ergotechgroup.com/dual-moni ... esk-stand/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NPEC5K

You may want to look into getting one of the "heavy duty" pivots for the X34. My experience is that the regular pivot tends to tilt forward with the weight of the Dell or LG 34" panels.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2015, 05:46 

skipclarke wrote:
The WSGF will work, but would be overkill. No need for you to buy more than you need. The dual vertical will work for you:

http://shop.ergotechgroup.com/dual-moni ... esk-stand/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NPEC5K

You may want to look into getting one of the "heavy duty" pivots for the X34. My experience is that the regular pivot tends to tilt forward with the weight of the Dell or LG 34" panels.

Thanks for responding.

I looked into the dual vertical you linked to and there were a few concerns:

- Would the 28" pole be high enough to accommodate the config? Both monitors have a physical height of 15" and it would seem the upper pivot would need to be at the very top, so I'm worried about the overall stability of the stand.

- The stated weight capacity of the dual vertical doesn't seem to be an issue but the stated monitor size is 24" according to ergotech. Have you had any experience with monitors larger than 24" on this stand?

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2015, 13:20 

I am considering purchasing 3 x Acer XB271HU and a Freedom WSGF Edition Ultimate Desk Stand v2 to go with it. Would be mounting them in landscape mode.

1) The XB271HU has a width of 24.2". How much can I angle the two side monitors in? I saw the video of Peanut reviewing 3 x XB270HU (25.2" width) and it seems that there is quite a bit of space to mount the side monitors towards the ends of the stand so I am able to angle it more towards me (hopefully this sentence is understandable). I am wondering if Peanut is using the Freedom WSGF Edition Ultimate Desk Stand v2. The said video is located here: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=30111

2) I don't see an option to ship to Singapore.

Hoping someone can answer my queries. Thanks!

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2015, 03:02 

i have 5x1P config with 5x BenQ XL2720Z's was wondering if the WSGF Ultimate v2 will handle this setup?
i have seen pix of this setup with this stand but i think those monitors were debezeled

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2015, 05:08 
Founder
Founder

JJR10 wrote:
Thanks for responding.

I looked into the dual vertical you linked to and there were a few concerns:

- Would the 28" pole be high enough to accommodate the config? Both monitors have a physical height of 15" and it would seem the upper pivot would need to be at the very top, so I'm worried about the overall stability of the stand.

- The stated weight capacity of the dual vertical doesn't seem to be an issue but the stated monitor size is 24" according to ergotech. Have you had any experience with monitors larger than 24" on this stand?

The 28" pole is what comes with the WSGF Edition stand. It works for 2x 27" panels high. The 34" 21:9 panel is the same height as the 27" 16:9. The pivot is at the top of the pole, and the monitor extends above it. This isn't an issue with the WSGF, but I'm not certain about the "non-HD" base. Your the second person recently to ask about this configuration. Maybe I need to put together an "HD Dual" Stand.

c1em3ntchua wrote:
I am considering purchasing 3 x Acer XB271HU and a Freedom WSGF Edition Ultimate Desk Stand v2 to go with it. Would be mounting them in landscape mode.

1) The XB271HU has a width of 24.2". How much can I angle the two side monitors in? I saw the video of Peanut reviewing 3 x XB270HU (25.2" width) and it seems that there is quite a bit of space to mount the side monitors towards the ends of the stand so I am able to angle it more towards me (hopefully this sentence is understandable). I am wondering if Peanut is using the Freedom WSGF Edition Ultimate Desk Stand v2. The said video is located here: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=30111

2) I don't see an option to ship to Singapore.

Hoping someone can answer my queries. Thanks!

You can get 30 degrees or more. I haven't had 27" panels to test with. My 1440p panels are 25" thin bezels. I've not had any complaints from folks about the angle. It is far from flat.

Singapore is set up in the store. Just choose the JP/HK shipping rate. I need to make that clearer.

xxlotekxx wrote:
i have 5x1P config with 5x BenQ XL2720Z's was wondering if the WSGF Ultimate v2 will handle this setup?
i have seen pix of this setup with this stand but i think those monitors were debezeled

This would be too much. You would need the Mega. The longer outer wings and the dual bases would give you the stability you need.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2015, 06:47 

skipclarke wrote:
You can get 30 degrees or more. I haven't had 27" panels to test with. My 1440p panels are 25" thin bezels. I've not had any complaints from folks about the angle. It is far from flat.

Singapore is set up in the store. Just choose the JP/HK shipping rate. I need to make that clearer.

Thank you skip.

May I ask what panels you are using, and the maximum angles you are getting with them? I would like to make some calculations as I may require an angle of close to 40 degrees due to space constraints.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2015, 11:49 

I'm trying to figure out how best to set out my monitors. I recently bought a Acer Predator 34" XR341CKA to compliment a pair of 24" Dell Ultrasharp U2410's. I didn't quite realise how wide a space all three occupy so I'm mulling over arms / stands as a better way of laying things out. Here are my three options:

1 is what I've been using the last few weeks. It works, it's nothing special though and kinda relegates the 24"s to glorified Spotify duty.

2 is what I'd traditionally go with but I can't fit it on my desk currently with individual stands...

3 is what I'm considering; get the pair of ultrasharps on a fixed dual bracket and have them tilted down over the Predator, possibly mounting that on a fixed bracket as well since the stand pushes it away from the back of the desk quite a lot.

So my first question is whether anyone has tried option #3 and how they found it. My next is whether the WSGF Edition Ultimate Stand v2 would fit all three monitors in config #2 (Predator is horizontal 32.5", the ultrasharps are 22") or whether I would need a different model?

Thanks for any help!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 29  Next