Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 23:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2016, 21:11 

helifax wrote:
Thanks for the screenshot;) Now that is actually a pretty cool effect:)) I quite like it:)
I haven't tried it yet as I am still at work;) but it might be possible to do something about it;)

yes... the effect is not too bad ! but prefer find good way for entire screen............ :triplewide:

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2016, 21:14 

ThirdRevolt wrote:
And now the big question: Do we dare use this while playing online?

I wouldn't use it online, but I'd rather be on the safe side.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2016, 23:53 

chichi007 wrote:
yes... the effect is not too bad ! but prefer find good way for entire screen............ :triplewide:

thanks to you I've got it too, a mighty :triplewide: .
with a little bit of difference - i have 5760*1200 and that was correspondingly counted in ResHex and successfully applied into HxD.
my number for resolution is " 80 16 00 00 B0 04 " - as for 5760*1200
also while starting in window mode game looks compressed and narrow but fullscreening it gives us complete eyefinity look.
and now for the beauty:

Attachment:
DarkSoulsIII 2016-04-19 00-50-14-22.jpg
DarkSoulsIII 2016-04-19 00-50-14-22.jpg [ 727.11 KiB | Viewed 3810 times ]

Attachment:
DarkSoulsIII 2016-04-19 00-49-16-48.jpg
DarkSoulsIII 2016-04-19 00-49-16-48.jpg [ 646.18 KiB | Viewed 3799 times ]

compressed window mode at start

Attachment:
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG [ 303.32 KiB | Viewed 3799 times ]

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 00:06 

The baked in vignetting you can only see in super ultrawide makes me think they wanted to support wider ratios. I don't know why else that would be there. It looks pretty cool.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 02:13 
I Donated
I Donated

Martan wrote:
You can try this for 2560 x 1080:

-SNIP-

OK it's strange, first I found out when I ported to Farron Keep Perimeter, there is a sequence when two Darkwraiths are coming to fight the other enemies near entrance to the Abyss Watchers. And for these enemies I've seen the stutter animations, out of the 1920x1080 frame. So I start to look for other things, but so far no problems with other creatures, npc, world animations.

Armin1702 wrote:
EDIT: Too slow, but don't want to delete the whole text. took me some time :think:

Okay here we go. In the comment section under Souls Unsqueezed in steam forum someone explained in pieces how to get rid of the black bars. This method worked now 3 times in a row for me (load game, close game, start again, and so on)

-SNIP-

EDIT: DSR works as well. When you set your GraphicsConfig.xml to read only and don't use "windowed borderless gaming" to "force" fullscreen you can set your game to fullscreen in options an choose whatever resolution you want to. If the game is started without the black bars, the bars won't come back until you restart it, independent which resolution you are choose

Coming back to this thread after a full week and I couldn't be happier. Thank you for the fix Martan and Armin1702, it works great and isn't too complicated. Let me know if you guys use Paypal because I think a donation is deserved. I hope others agree with me here.

I'm still looking forward to a much more official fix from Kaldaien and anyone that he is working with. You all have my full support.

On another note, do any of you see an Ultrawide HUD fix being possible or would it be too difficult to find and implement?

PS: Screenshot in 2560x1080 with SweetFX/Reshade (works just fine!)

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 02:36 

are you guys playing online with these changes?
I'm afraid to get banned, but i really want to play without letterboxes

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 03:04 

I'm debating if i want to play online with it too.
I really think someone needs to contact From Software and get a stance on this.

It should be noted that playing offline may not even save people from soft-bans should they deem this ban-worthy. DS3 has a built-in anticheat that runs even when in offline mode.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 03:14 
Insiders
Insiders

I've played the whole evening online and everything is fine:)

I also played a lot of DS1 with WidescreenFixer and here I am still...
I also played a lot of DS2 with Flawless Widescreen and here I am still...

People don't understand that a modification like this that handles the RENDERER will never ever get flagged up. Now, if you use a trainer to get more souls or be invincible...that is another matter completely....

It's like you are asking: "Will I get banned cause I am using 800x600 and not 1920x1080 ?!?!" type of questions... I've never seen anyone getting banned for using ANY of the Widescreen Fixes found here! EVER!

There was one guy who said it was our fix that got him into trouble...in the end it proved he had a bit coin "farmer" running on his machine that was flagged up:))

Seriously people.... do some reading and learn a bit more! You are on the PC FOR F@ SAKE not some console crap where you don't care, just wanna play that game... ^_^

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 03:20 

Helixfax, while I too have had 0 issues with widescreenfixer or flawless widescreen in the past, I've heard cases of DS2FIX resulting in quite a few people being put into the cheater-pool via softbans.

Now it could be that quite a few people were in fact cheating and decided to blame DS2Fix, I don't know. What I do know is FromSoftware never refuted the claim and did state that DS2fix was not an approved file.

The only issue with this current fix I can see is the fact that it requires editing the exe and therefore could easily be detected from a simple checksum. But hey, hopefully From Software isn't overly zealous.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 03:35 

Helifax, It's too soon to say if you'll be banned for using the .exe edit or not, and it doesn't matter if the hack only affects the renderer, either. If they can hash check the .exe and see that it's any different from the unmodified one, they'll have reason enough to do something about it. They're not going to pick and choose based on what people are modifying via hex editors, they won't be able to know that anyway, they'll just go by the fact it's modded at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next