Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Sep 2024, 13:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2011, 06:35 

It's good to see you can play for more than 10 minutes without crashing but they still have some kinks to work out. Compare the screenshot above to a normal one and you'll notice the mini map, HP, and Ammo counts are all missing. There's also some texture's missing on the first stage of Metro.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2011, 21:11 
Founder
Founder

I really don't see what's the big deal with BF3. It was supposed to have uber destruction but they nerfed it back to be worse than BC2, once they got all the fanboys to preorder it after seeing the promo videos, now all the fanboys are screwed paid $60 for a PoS.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2011, 09:29 
Insiders
Insiders

I'd like to mention that the BF3 alpha is under NDA and that posting information and screenshots of it are not allowed.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2011, 11:21 

I really don't see what's the big deal with BF3. It was supposed to have uber destruction but they nerfed it back to be worse than BC2, once they got all the fanboys to preorder it after seeing the promo videos, now all the fanboys are screwed paid $60 for a PoS.

So you have you played the alpha then?

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2011, 08:28 

i7 2600k 4ghz
6990 + 6970
8gb ram
ssd
3x 27" monitors

6048x1080
And i had ~55fps outside ~75fps inside

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2011, 17:12 

What I dont get is why people have to bash BF3, especially with a name like MW2. If I preorder then Im a fanboy? And no destruction means its a POS? COD has ZERO destruction, what does that make it?

BF is my favorite series, every since 1942 with the Desert Combat mod (oh eyefinity where were u then?) . At the same time I also love Call of Duty, theres just no need for me to go bashing the games just because someone else likes it. There are times where I feel like picking up COD for a quick 30 mins of mutliplayer and then there are times when I want some squad based action with some destruction and vehicles so I go to my PC and launch BF.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2011, 17:17 

The Alpha is amazing BTW, especially with eyefinity. You do have to go prone a lot because usually sticking your head up means getting it blown clean off. BC2 used to have the best sound in a video game, that is till I played BF3, the variations of gun sounds with the pings!, zooms! and richochet sounds as they whiz by are simply amazing. I did have to change settings from high to medium because my 5870 couldnt handle it :(

Naturally that means Im in the market for a new video card :D

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2011, 11:13 

... I did have to change settings from high to medium because my 5870 couldnt handle it :(

Naturally that means Im in the market for a new video card :D

Amen to that brother.

Post subject: *Has both MW3 and BF3 on
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2011, 12:06 
Administrators
Administrators

*Has both MW3 and BF3 on pre-order and would absolutely love it if I MW3 had poor or no multi-monitor support so I can create a side by side video showing why DICE are better developers then Infinity Ward*

Not that MW / CoD are bad games but people need to learn that CoD and MW are not the be all and end all of first person shooters, and that opinion stands whether Infinity Ward give proper multi-monitor support or not.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

Post subject: MEAHT wrote:MW2 wrote:I
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2011, 19:24 

[quote]I really don't see what's the big deal with BF3. It was supposed to have uber destruction but they nerfed it back to be worse than BC2, once they got all the fanboys to preorder it after seeing the promo videos, now all the fanboys are screwed paid $60 for a PoS.

What I dont get is why people have to bash BF3, especially with a name like MW2. If I preorder then Im a fanboy? And no destruction means its a POS? COD has ZERO destruction, what does that make it?

BF is my favorite series, every since 1942 with the Desert Combat mod (oh eyefinity where were u then?) . At the same time I also love Call of Duty, theres just no need for me to go bashing the games just because someone else likes it. There are times where I feel like picking up COD for a quick 30 mins of mutliplayer and then there are times when I want some squad based action with some destruction and vehicles so I go to my PC and launch BF.

Hear, hear! Leave the trash talking to politicians and support the developers and games you like with your money.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next