Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Sep 2024, 13:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2011, 20:38 
Insiders
Insiders

*Has both MW3 and BF3 on pre-order and would absolutely love it if I MW3 had poor or no multi-monitor support so I can create a side by side video showing why DICE are better developers then Infinity Ward*

Not that MW / CoD are bad games but people need to learn that CoD and MW are not the be all and end all of first person shooters, and that opinion stands whether Infinity Ward give proper multi-monitor support or not.

Out of the last 7 COD games, how many have proper Multi-Monitor support?

Lol there's no way they will have it in MW3, I'll bet my gaming rig on it.

Post subject: MEAHT wrote:MW2 wrote:I
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2011, 23:08 
Founder
Founder

[quote]I really don't see what's the big deal with BF3. It was supposed to have uber destruction but they nerfed it back to be worse than BC2, once they got all the fanboys to preorder it after seeing the promo videos, now all the fanboys are screwed paid $60 for a PoS.

What I dont get is why people have to bash BF3, especially with a name like MW2. If I preorder then Im a fanboy? And no destruction means its a POS? COD has ZERO destruction, what does that make it?

BF is my favorite series, every since 1942 with the Desert Combat mod (oh eyefinity where were u then?) . At the same time I also love Call of Duty, theres just no need for me to go bashing the games just because someone else likes it. There are times where I feel like picking up COD for a quick 30 mins of mutliplayer and then there are times when I want some squad based action with some destruction and vehicles so I go to my PC and launch BF.

COD has gameplay. Without destruction BF3 is nothing.

Post subject: HUD vanishes in
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2011, 01:30 

HUD vanishes in eyefinity/surround. What little remains is on the far edges. FPS dropped from 80-90 high settings on 1 screen to below 30, even on lowest settings. Unplayable.

2x480GTXs

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2011, 01:53 

[quote][quote]I really don't see what's the big deal with BF3. It was supposed to have uber destruction but they nerfed it back to be worse than BC2, once they got all the fanboys to preorder it after seeing the promo videos, now all the fanboys are screwed paid $60 for a PoS.

What I dont get is why people have to bash BF3, especially with a name like MW2. If I preorder then Im a fanboy? And no destruction means its a POS? COD has ZERO destruction, what does that make it?

BF is my favorite series, every since 1942 with the Desert Combat mod (oh eyefinity where were u then?) . At the same time I also love Call of Duty, theres just no need for me to go bashing the games just because someone else likes it. There are times where I feel like picking up COD for a quick 30 mins of mutliplayer and then there are times when I want some squad based action with some destruction and vehicles so I go to my PC and launch BF.

Are you sure about that? I've played through CoD4 and WaW. Assume for a moment if BF3 doesn't have destruction, I'd still play it regardless. I play to have fun and to win. I don't play to constantly check the scoreboard to see if I'm #1. I don't mind being support. I don't mind having to be aggressive if everyone else on the team is too chicken to push up/forward. Since CoD4, I have seen nothing changed over the years.

Post subject: MEAHT wrote:The Alpha is
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2011, 16:40 

The Alpha is amazing BTW, especially with eyefinity. You do have to go prone a lot because usually sticking your head up means getting it blown clean off. BC2 used to have the best sound in a video game, that is till I played BF3, the variations of gun sounds with the pings!, zooms! and richochet sounds as they whiz by are simply amazing. I did have to change settings from high to medium because my 5870 couldnt handle it :(

Naturally that means Im in the market for a new video card :D

What sort of FPS were you getting on medium/high settings on single screen and 3 screens?

What sort of CPU are you running?

I am curious because I plan to run this game in eyefinity, and I have 2x 5870's (2 GB sapphire vapor x toxic versions) with i7-920 @ 3.4 ghz.

I was able to run bc2 in eyefinity at highest details (no AA or HBAO though) at 45-60 fps, but the game crashed constantly (eyefinity bug that I PRAY they fix for bf3). Cranking all of the settings down to lowest allowed me to play bc2 with infrequent (but never fully eliminated) CTDs. I never had any CTD issues at all if I played on just a single screen, but I felt like I had horse blinders on (too used to surround gaming).

Do you guys think that the FPS everyone is getting right now will be improved once official drivers are released after the game's launch?

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2011, 18:28 

What sort of FPS were you getting on medium/high settings on single screen and 3 screens?

What sort of CPU are you running?

I dont know how many FPS but as soon as I moved around it was stuttering.

As far as specs I have updated my Profile on left :D

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2011, 18:49 

BF has squads, land and air vehicles , award winning sound, amazing graphics, real bullet physics (and Im not a huge realism fan) plus destruction. Whats not to love?
COD for PC is a console port which is why I dont ever play it on my computer, only on 360. Great to pick up and play, great matchmaking as well.

There is nothing that compares to being on top of a hill in your ghillie suit, you hold your breath, line the target in between your sights, squeeze trigger and watch the bullet curve downwards as it travels from barrel to enemy's head 1 second later head from a mile away. +150 Marksmanship Bonus. Aaaaaahhh, Extremely satisfying.

Like I said before man, Im a big fan of both. Great games, they just offer slightly different gameplay.

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2011, 23:43 
Founder
Founder

[quote]

BF has squads, land and air vehicles , award winning sound, amazing graphics, real bullet physics (and Im not a huge realism fan) plus destruction. Whats not to love?
COD for PC is a console port which is why I dont ever play it on my computer, only on 360. Great to pick up and play, great matchmaking as well.

There is nothing that compares to being on top of a hill in your ghillie suit, you hold your breath, line the target in between your sights, squeeze trigger and watch the bullet curve downwards as it travels from barrel to enemy's head 1 second later head from a mile away. +150 Marksmanship Bonus. Aaaaaahhh, Extremely satisfying.

Like I said before man, Im a big fan of both. Great games, they just offer slightly different gameplay.

Crysis Wars has better graphics and vehicles. How many people play Crysis Wars? 0.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 21:29 

You seem to be missing the whole point of BF games in general.

And the two facts you seem to be basing your decision on is your "Strong" dual cpu and nerfed destruction.
It's widely known BFBC2 requires to quad CPU, to play with high settings on populated servers why would BF3 be any different?
Also Dice already stated the destruction was nerfed in the alpha, as the whole point of the alpha was the stress test.

With a name like that too I cant help but think your just trolling. Or just plain ignorant.

Post subject: BC3 Eyefinity Question
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2011, 14:37 

Just wondering, with your single 6970. What FPS do/did you get running eyefinity 5760 x 1080 in different modes? I am interested in getting a single 6970 for the time being, then possibly upgrading later.

But right now, I just want to know if one 6970 will run BF3 in eyefinity, on mediumish settings. I dont need AA or anything of the sort. Just a decent fps on decent settings.

Thanks!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next