Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Sep 2024, 20:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: STALKER info ...
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2007, 21:13 

if I had to say one engine or another I'd say the RTCW engine (modified Q3)

who knows...chances are I'll be too busy to try any new games :(

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2007, 07:48 

What a crying shame... i was really looking forward to this game for such a long time. Very disappointed... funding.. it all comes down to money

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2007, 17:08 

What a crying shame... i was really looking forward to this game for such a long time. Very disappointed... funding.. it all comes down to money

If you've only read the first post in this thread, don't worry. It was posted almost a year ago. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is back on track and will be released on march 22nd in the US and march 23 in europe.

Also recently pictures of the STALKER box art were posted:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84536

It's looking sweet. :)

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2007, 17:13 
Editors
Editors

Hi ShadyGuy ... welcome to the WSGF ... 8)

I changed the thread title to STALKER info ... as that's what this thread seems to be about now ... :D

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2007, 12:30 
Editors
Editors

New "Hands On" including new screens ... on the IGN we site ... http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/759/759444p1.html

Last sentence of the "Hands On" ...
Finally, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. does support widescreen resolutions.
... lets just hope that that's true widescreen with Hor+ ... :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2007, 19:09 

C'mon guys, you're dissing the game before it even gets a chance, the graphics aren't that bad. :?

The nice bonus is that the game may actually run great with newer rigs. You'd be able to set everything at max and blast away, instead of spending hours tweaking ini files and loading driver versions... :wink:

I like the concept of the game and will definitely try it out.

I'm about ready to give Oblivion another chance, after I load BT, OOO, etc. of course.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2007, 19:13 

New "Hands On" including new screens ... on the IGN we site ... http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/759/759444p1.html

Last sentence of the "Hands On" ...
Finally, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. does support widescreen resolutions.
... lets just hope that that's true widescreen with Hor+ ... :roll: :lol:

I hope it that much too. If the game will not very buggy it will be sooooo goooood imo. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2007, 11:38 
Editors
Editors

I thought I post another couple of quotes from that "Hands On" ... on the IGN we site ... http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/759/759444p1.html

Looking up from the dreary countryside allows for a view of a gorgeous sky, that changes from night to day and back again, and occasionally serves as the stage for spectacular thunderstorms, replete with rain, winds, fog, lighting, and thunder. A lot of care has gone in to crafting a realistic, gritty environment for S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and from what we've seen so far, the visuals greatly enhance the mood and themes of the game, which in turn enhances your ability to immerse yourself in your adventures across the dystopian Zone.

Perhaps even more impressive than the visuals are the sounds, which from what we've experienced so far go a long way to creating a believable game world. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s soundscape is full of haunting, forlorn string arrangements that complement the bleak but striking graphics to add tension in appropriate situations or merely underline the notion that you exist and operate in a defeated, hopeless landscape. You may have seen screens of some of the mutated creatures in this game, but you really don't know how frightening they are until you actually hear them.

All sounds awesome to me ... in fact it sounds very impressive and it sounds like the sounds sound good too ! ... :lol:

They have had a lot of time to get this game right ...
Lets hope they sort out the bugs also mentioned in that "Hands On".

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2007, 14:28 

C'mon guys, you're dissing the game before it even gets a chance, the graphics aren't that bad. :?

Aren't that bad? Come on, those graphics are STILL sweet. No, they're not OMFGWTFZOMG like they once were, but given the evolution of technolodgy, they'll be easier to run than previously, and they still look waaay better than Half-Life 2.

I'm looking forward to this game.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2007, 02:29 
Insiders
Insiders

I never really bought the idea of hearing music while playing a game, unless it's from a radio or loudspeaker placed somewhere in the level..

If anything, it drasticly takes away the feel of realism. ( unless one is insane and hears constant omni-directional music to start with)

In some games the music is WAY off.. like in the second-latest Prince of Persia game, where is was impossible to kill the music without killing the rest of the audio ( i sent hate-mail about that), and the music is DID have had electric guitars wailing! WTF? I guess the devs assumed guitars have time-machines built into them.

Plus over-using music is just laziness. But that's more common in movies. ugh.

I ALWAYS disable music in my games.

Of course ambient noise is a necessity for atmospheric purposes.

Still can't wait for STALKER though.. finally coming out after i first saw it 4 years ago.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 29  Next