Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 27 Sep 2024, 17:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Clans
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2010, 23:51 

Hi all

I've been playing on line multi for about a year now. Somewhat experienced but still new compared with many players. And I'm thinking about joining a clan. I've played at lots of servers of various clans, but never seriously considered joining. But now I've been playing at a new site--new to me--its a COD4 game that I'm playing but the clan like many clans operates 3 or 4 other games as well. They list 234 active members. And the "theme' of the clan is "honesty/no cheating/respect other players/no swearing-flaming etc". Of course they use a lot of words to make this "philosophy" clear, but I think that briefly describes it to you. There are all kinds of "different flavors" of game play "behaviors". And I would describe myself as someone who plays at all types of servers--mostly COD shooter or Left for Dead type games, and I feel pretty much at home with "however they are".. Swearing/Yelling at Each other or not--in general. But I understand that sometimes groups need "boundaries" and I can go along with it. Maybe its better sometimes. I don't know. I've noticed that all groups have their internal problems and "maybe" some of the groups who demand or stress "more respect and restraint", can get along better, because all these groups fight internally from time to time. Or so it seems.

I like playing with these people OK. And I kinda want to join a clan because I've come to believe that maybe its better to have a "gaming home" so to speak, because sometimes as a "non member" I've noticed some clan members "eventually" get tired of you--lol. Especially if you beat'm up!! Know what I mean? Sometimes I do. Not always. I dont' even like "dominating" other players. I want to win--don't get me wrong--but I don't like kicking my opponent when the score is 3000 to 600. I've played in games where "people do". It's not against the rules, but seems over the top to me. By the way I often contribute to clans where I play if they have a mechanism that allows it. I'm even now contributing to this clan that I'm thinking about joining.

Along that line I"ve gotten use to being a bit of a "free spirit" in games--I'm a definite "hot dog type"--who tries and often gets positive numbers for my team--but "i don't like running in formation etc". I like being on my own. I like to run and shoot and I'm not a "strategy guy". No desrespect to those who are. If i were a pro Quake player I'd have to do both but mostly i get by on speed and shooting--not stealth. A better score is not better to me than having fun. This clan likes to play Scrims etc with other teams. I've never done that. I'll need to communicate with team via Xfire etc--that doesn't sound good to me, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'd learn to like it. It all sounds so not intuitive that I don't know if I can do it. Or should. This group BBF has a lot of rules and regulations. I don't know if I'd like that.

Are you a clan member? Are you glad about it? What's your clan like? Why are you a member?

Goodluck Tom :shock:

Post subject: Re: Clans
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010, 05:53 

I am a clan member. FTA and proud. Been one for 5 years or so. I'm mostly inactive since college and stuff takes up too much time. HEre's the link: http://phoenix-gaming.net/

I'm a member because in 2004 I was hardcore into CODUO. And they are outstanding gents. I've been in and out of several CSS/UT clans, but FTA hung in there through 6 COD's.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010, 16:55 

Was in a few counterstrike clans from 1.3 through to CSS...

Scrims were good. Though clans were like maybe 10-12 ppl max, with any 5 playing in a match at a time. No where near those 200++ whatever no's.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010, 18:14 
Administrators
Administrators

I am a member of the WUT (Wildly Uncoordinated Tactics) clan, which I formed in early 2008, it consists mainly of RL mates from my home town whom I have been playing with for the last decade near enough, after TF2 came out we started to build in numbers and decided to form our own site, forums, teamspeak and game server.
It has grown to around 20members with only 2 or 3 members I have yet to physicaly meet, and of which usually only about 5 or 6 of us on at any time, again not a massive clan, but a very friendly and lolsome one.
TF2 is not the only game we play but one that certainly got most attention, as such we often play l4d1/2, borderlands, swat4, killing floor, Red Orchestra, IL2, Dawn of War, C&C, supcom and sins of a solar empire.
Have played the odd scrims, although most the time we play for fun and not serious business, hence our fitting clan title as the most coordinated we tend to get is when serenading the opposing team with us singing (mostly out of tone I might add) "im a lumber jack and im ok...." and various other random comical songs such as on of my old time fav's.... :lol:

If you have heard this before, likely chance is that you have bumped into one of us... while we are on the express train to hell :lol: :D

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2010, 03:33 

[quote=Delphium
It has grown to around 20members with only 2 or 3 members I have yet to physicaly meet, and of which usually only about 5 or 6 of us on at any time, again not a massive clan, but a very friendly and lolsome one.
My local hometown had a group that meet once a month (I included) for LANS. We made a clan out of it, it was fun and then we all went to college...:(

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2010, 04:05 
Editors
Editors

Im in a clan, but not active at the moment, ATF mainly battlefield 2, mainly sniper server I'm on when I was playing it. Best server for me in Australia, with low ping and not alot of movement.

learnt alot over there, and would consider myself a pretty awesome free roam sniper or boundries sniper player.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010, 00:34 
Insiders
Insiders

I am in a clan, was in =NAD= for BF2/2142 but that has mostly died.. RL mates mainly, it may revive casually for BFBC2 hopefully.

However I have joined [TBAG] to get more game time. Games like BF are 100% better in a clan or at least a bunch of mates on a VOIP server (or even in built squad chat). I even have another group I game with just on the 360, BFBC 1 and 2.

As you can guess from the clan tags we are not serious gamers, though we occasionally scrim. We are mostly about having fun and teabagging sniper losers like Maherie ;)

I would always join one but best way to find one is to play with or against them and see what they are like. The only pity with this is that VOIP servers mean you cannot chat with them to get to know them, however get on the text and chat that way.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 04:15 
Editors
Editors

hahahha, I'll expect to get tbaged if I ever see you online.