Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 11:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2006, 01:20 

Plain in simple is it possible? I play this game the most outa all the Games and to find that I actually see less is pissing me off Is there anyway I can change the FOV?

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2006, 09:16 

Counter-Strike 1.6 has native widescreen support. Just select "widescreen" in the video options, then choose your resolution, and you're set. The FoV will be automatically adjusted.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2006, 22:26 

Counter-Strike 1.6 has native widescreen support. Just select "widescreen" in the video options, then choose your resolution, and you're set. The FoV will be automatically adjusted.

It's not true widescreen it looks like a zomed picture you actually see less vertically.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2006, 22:30 

i think changing the fov in cs is considered as cheating :/

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2006, 16:34 

i think changing the fov in cs is considered as cheating :/

Just like any online game.

I'm just happy Valve added it, FOV-V is much better than a stretched image. Not bad support for a 7 year old game. :)

Some developers can't even add widescreen to their new games *cough* EA *cough*. ;)

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006, 11:59 

It's not true widescreen it looks like a zomed picture you actually see less vertically.

But does it let you see more horizontally? I used to play CS1.6 at 1680*1050 and the picture looked right to me, aspect ratio and FoV-wise. I'm quite sure I was able to see more than I usually did.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006, 18:33 

[quote]

But does it let you see more horizontally? I used to play CS1.6 at 1680*1050 and the picture looked right to me, aspect ratio and FoV-wise. I'm quite sure I was able to see more than I usually did.

Nope, I took a ss of 1280x1024 and an ss of 1680x1050

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/

some reason the 1280x1024 isnt working? I want to get the FOV change working I play in leagues and am not worried about being called a cheater for changing it how are they going to prove my FOV is changed? an admin wont be able to tell from an ss speacially in CAL... I havent seen anything saying you can't change your FOV. I am actually seeing less than people with 4:3 displays which is complete bogus it's a res just like a person who runs 640x480 see's less than a person who is running 1600x1200 that doesn't make it a cheat.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006, 20:29 

Which version of CS1.6 are you using? Are you using a fairly new-ish Steam version? If you're using an old Half-Life 1 mod version then I don't know if the problem can be fixed. Didn't manually changing the FoV with a console command work?

In CS1.6 Steam, in the video option there's a "Widescreen" option which should set the FoV correctly for you. I've been playing CS:S for quite a while, but I did play CS1.6 on widescreen successfully (unless I'm a dumbass and didn't notice the streched screen, but I'm quite sure I'd notice).

:?:

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006, 22:56 

Which version of CS1.6 are you using? Are you using a fairly new-ish Steam version? If you're using an old Half-Life 1 mod version then I don't know if the problem can be fixed. Didn't manually changing the FoV with a console command work?

In CS1.6 Steam, in the video option there's a "Widescreen" option which should set the FoV correctly for you. I've been playing CS:S for quite a while, but I did play CS1.6 on widescreen successfully (unless I'm a dumbass and didn't notice the streched screen, but I'm quite sure I'd notice).

:?:

yes, I am running steam the latest version i didnt see a defualt_fov like in half-life also cs 1.6 I think they just -v and zoom it notice how you cant see more of your hand or lesss of your gun. It's not really widescreen but it's not as bad as stretch.

Post subject: tactical map
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2006, 01:05 

Also, I've noticed that when using the tactical overhead map (while running in widescreen) the circles representing the player locations sometimes get WAY off course. Here is a screenshot:

http://www.geocities.com/temp4files4/map.JPG

I changed to 4:3 and there were no problems.

It sometimes gets even worse then that. Sometimes you can't even see the map because the players are so far out there.