Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 21:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 17:29 

Hi there,

I'm just upgrading my equipment and I'm gonna buy 3 monitors for work and TH2go. I work basically with audio soft like cubase and stuff...Could u please recommend me 22"monitors for work, gaming and suitable for TH2go?? I did check the list of working monitors already but is hard for me to make my mind up with this matter...

I'd appreciate all the help!

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 21:23 

Dell has the new 22" 2209WA e-IPS display that's getting rave reviews. Many say it's now the best 22" display available. It uses "detuned" IPS technology and is priced in the TN range.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 22:17 

Dell has the new 22" 2209WA e-IPS display that's getting rave reviews. Many say it's now the best 22" display available. It uses "detuned" IPS technology and is priced in the TN range.

Thanks, it's a very good option, I've checked it and it's perfect for me but I forgot to say that I live in Spain and the price here is around $400, too much for 3 of them at a time...Any other options please?? My budget for the three would be around 600€ which is around $775.

Thx

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2009, 04:12 

Any other options please?? My budget for the three would be around 600€ which is around $775.
Hmm, that's odd, usually when someone indicates they live in an area with limited options, Dell is not only one of the available ones, but one of the affordable ones. I really can't say unless I know what brands you have access to there at a reasonable price.

You may want to consider Acer, LG, ASUS, BenQ or Samsung.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2009, 12:56 

Hmm, that's odd, usually when someone indicates they live in an area with limited options, Dell is not only one of the available ones, but one of the affordable ones. I really can't say unless I know what brands you have access to there at a reasonable price.

You may want to consider Acer, LG, ASUS, BenQ or Samsung.

Well, I don't know why but Dell here is one of the most expensive brands and available only through the website not in stores...and this happen in the whole Europe not only in Spain.

I have acces to Acer, ASUS, BenQ, Samsung, LG, Philips and HP in an easy way with good support, that would be the best option I guess. I've been looking into the Acer B223W which is well reviewed at http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2008/review-acer-b223w.html

What do you think?

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2009, 09:00 

Well, I suppose it fares about average for a budget TN panel, but this paragraph in the conclusion of that review is not exactly inspiring.

"We see a need for improvement when it comes to the interpolation behaviour, which we did not find convincing. In addition, an optimisation of the manufacturing quality is also needed, since the slight crookedness of the screen is not nice. However, we wish to give the manufacturer the benefit of the doubt and assume that this was an isolated case. Otherwise, this would certainly be reason to claim your money back."

I would be wary of basing your decision on a "has to be cheap cuz I need 3" mindset. After all, 3 times bad does not exactly equal good now does it? Most that go triple head know full well it takes a bit of monetary commitment.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2009, 16:53 

I think you're right indeed, I've been talking with a Dell's salesman and he said that I can get the three for 270€ which is 100€ less than official price and the monitor worths the money for what I read on reviews and if it's no problem with Matrox TH2G I'm gonna invest a little more for better quality as I have to buy three. I've really appreciated your help in this matter, I've been spinning around this for almost a month...I'll keep the forum posted once I have the "kids" at home with a review.

Thanks a lot!!

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2009, 02:25 

I think you're right indeed, I've been talking with a Dell's salesman and he said that I can get the three for 270€ which is 100€ less than official price and the monitor worths the money for what I read on reviews and if it's no problem with Matrox TH2G I'm gonna invest a little more for better quality as I have to buy three. I've really appreciated your help in this matter, I've been spinning around this for almost a month...I'll keep the forum posted once I have the "kids" at home with a review.

Thanks a lot!!
You're welcome, sounds like a good deal on 3 of those Dell's considering the pricing in your area. :wink:

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2009, 11:49 

Hi Frag, is 2209WA compatible with DTH2G? I can't find it in the monitor list. Thanks.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2009, 12:30 

[quote]Dell has the new 22" 2209WA e-IPS display that's getting rave reviews. Many say it's now the best 22" display available. It uses "detuned" IPS technology and is priced in the TN range.

Hi Frag, is 2209WA compatible with DTH2G? I can't find it in the monitor list. Thanks.

Still waiting for the kids to land at home. As soon as I have'em I'll keep u all posted with a review and compatibility, but they should work fine.

Best