Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 05:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 04:22 

So according to the ATI slides Mass Effect 2 is playable with Eyefinity...

http://www.wsgfmedia.com/eyefinity/eyefinity-titles.jpg

This is not so, i just tried Mass Effect 2 and it is an unplayable mess; just like the first one you can force the game through the GamerSettings.ini file but the HUD is drawn completely out of screen.

It really sucks that ATi marketed this game as having support :(, also in that slide is Dragon Age: Origins which is unplayable too, elements appear and disappear. So is Call of Duty MW 2.

Dave can you please shed some light into these issues, i dont like whining so much but you guys did market these games with Eyefinity support and its just obvious that you guys didnt work with the developers to properly take advantage of it.

Here are pictures of the mess:

[Admin: This post was edited for tone, but not content]

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 15:57 

First off how are you playing the game, it is not released until next week.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 16:07 

And Dragon Age is playable...

"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 16:23 

I can confirm too that it does not work properly with Eyefinity. The only way to enable the resolution 5760x1200 is by using 16:9 which is not correct and the image is distorted plus you loose alot of screen. Its unplayable really. The screens the OP posted speak for themselves.

I dont think that the issue here is on how we are playing the game, the issue is that ME2 does not support eyefinity correctly. Lets just say that it is a try before you buy test...

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 16:31 
Editors
Editors

First off how are you playing the game, it is not released until next week.

Some places shipped pre-orders early? Happens fairly often. I've had stuff arrive several days prior to official release in a couple of cases.

edit: Or a shop broke street date. That happens a lot too.

...or it's pirated. But I'm loathe to jump to that conclusion, given that I know the first two scenarios occur a lot.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 16:35 
Editors
Editors

I dont think that the issue here is on how we are playing the game, the issue is that ME2 does not support eyefinity correctly. Lets just say that it is a try before you buy test...

OK, the OP I was willing to guess was early shipping/broken street date. This kind of supposedly quiet admission of piracy annoys me greatly. If you are willing to harm the PC gaming industry in that fashion, at least have the common sense not to advertise it. For cryin' out loud...

Tempted to give a 7 day vacation...

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 16:47 

There is no indication that all titles will have out of the box support. The notion of Eyefinity support for titles that are being released for quite some time is late in their production cycles and if they didn't already consider these resolutions beforehand then additional work need to go into it. Much like Dragon Age which released without support but has then had subsequent, post release patches, to support Eyefinity.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 16:56 

There is no indication that all titles will have out of the box support. The notion of Eyefinity support for titles that are being released for quite some time is late in their production cycles and if they didn't already consider these resolutions beforehand then additional work need to go into it. Much like Dragon Age which released without support but has then had subsequent, post release patches, to support Eyefinity.

Well shouldn't titles be taken off that list that don't actually work YET. I see this as Very Bad False Advertisement on ATI's part. Good Job ATI. :rockout

I also think it is strange that on the ATI Subsite under supported software that there is a section at the bottom small print that says

"* Games may require minor .INI file edits or other modifications to function well in ATI Eyefinity Mode"

Hmm do you really think the average gamer is going to know what to modify in the .INI file or even want to attempt that. I think these games that are listed should be removed till they are 100% supported. I mean it even says

** Minor visual stretching or FOV issues occur but game is completely playable"

Any game that I have played that is stretch at all is not playable it makes me want to have a seizure. JK but I am sure you understand what I mean.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 17:21 

[quote]There is no indication that all titles will have out of the box support. The notion of Eyefinity support for titles that are being released for quite some time is late in their production cycles and if they didn't already consider these resolutions beforehand then additional work need to go into it. Much like Dragon Age which released without support but has then had subsequent, post release patches, to support Eyefinity.

Well shouldn't titles be taken off that list that don't actually work YET. I see this as Very Bad False Advertisement on ATI's part. Good Job ATI. :rockout

I also think it is strange that on the ATI Subsite under supported software that there is a section at the bottom small print that says

"* Games may require minor .INI file edits or other modifications to function well in ATI Eyefinity Mode"

Hmm do you really think the average gamer is going to know what to modify in the .INI file or even want to attempt that. I think these games that are listed should be removed till they are 100% supported. I mean it even says

** Minor visual stretching or FOV issues occur but game is completely playable"

Any game that I have played that is stretch at all is not playable it makes me want to have a seizure. JK but I am sure you understand what I mean.

Any gamer that will probably play in eyefinity won't be the "average gamer" and will probably have the common thought to look it up if it isn't working properly.

"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 17:27 

There is a difference between showing titles that we are working with the developers to those that are listed on the Eyefinity site. The list is much the same as the DX11 title list.

Thats why that site shows two different levels of support - Eyefinity Validated and Eyefinity Ready.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next