Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 19:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 05:06 

Hello fellow widescreeners, I just started playing Red Faction 2 that I bought from Steam and the game's low FOV plus stretching gave me a headache and induced nausea within the first 30 minutes of play, the game seems like a pretty fun run and gun game, but in its current state I cannot play it. Anyone know of any hexedits/ reg mods/or tweaks I can do to change the FOV?

I have messed with the Permanent_data.packfile with a hex editor but nothing seems to change, maybe I'm just changing the wrong numbers. I also found some FOV listing inside the RF2.exe but I dont know where the corresponding number is to change that value. If anyone can help I would be awesome thanks guys.

BTW here is what the game looks like at1920x1080

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4538/rf22010022209561435.jpg

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 20:47 

I think when I got the Red Faction pack I played that one in 4:3. Even the "solution" for the original Red Faction is Vert-, not Hor+ true widescreem, so both of them are better in 4:3 really.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2010, 12:58 

there is no solution. It'll stretch, it's engine's issue. So put something like "maintain aspect ratio" in GPU settings and run it it 4:3 resolution with black bars. anyway u won't loose anything if u don't play rf2 (it's not worth a headache for sure).
Original Red Faction was so much better, and do not deserve a crappy sequel like dat. Still not bad game thou.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2010, 04:40 

It is rather annoying. The game supports 16x9 on the PS2 version :(