Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Sep 2024, 14:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 09:24 

What is the exact function of the F button? In my CS3 "Full Screen Mode" and "Full Screen Mode" with menu bar are not by default associated with a keyboard shortcut.

CS3 running in one monitor, but at 5040 total desktop, when I open an image and:
Press F once - it maximises the image inside the CS3 application window
Press it 2nd time - it maximises across 3 screens, removes the application title bar but leaves File, Edit etc
Press it 3rd time - stays across 3 screens, removes File, Edit (etc) bar and makes the "background" around the image workspace black.

To any app, you have one large monitor, its correct that it expands across 3 screens when told to maximise or go full screen. The fact the Matrox App intercepts and repositions more simplistic window sizing operations is an irrelevant trick in this case.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 15:59 

I'm not running a TH2G, just three monitors hooked up to two graphics cards. Photoshop CS3 freaks out if I expand it across all three screens to 5040x1050.

This isn't a TH2G problem, this is a Photoshop problem. It doesn't seem to be able to handle its toolbars correctly when the workspace gets this wide.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009, 15:57 

I'm not running a TH2G, just three monitors hooked up to two graphics cards. Photoshop CS3 freaks out if I expand it across all three screens to 5040x1050.

This isn't a TH2G problem, this is a Photoshop problem. It doesn't seem to be able to handle its toolbars correctly when the workspace gets this wide.

Thanks for sharing! Very interesting!
However: TH2Go should figure out that any window that is maximized by
the "Maximize"-button in the upper right corner, should be maximized
inside the screen it`s located at - just like it does with most other apps.

I don`t understand why MATROX cannot fix this...

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009, 16:31 
Insiders
Insiders

I think it's more of a problem with Apple iTunes and Adobe Photoshop using nonstandard window hacks to make their GUI. This needs to be addressed to Adobe and Apple imho not Matrox.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009, 16:32 

What is the exact function of the F button? In my CS3 "Full Screen Mode" and "Full Screen Mode" with menu bar are not by default associated with a keyboard shortcut.

It should be default...

To any app, you have one large monitor, its correct that it expands across 3 screens when told to maximise or go full screen. The fact the Matrox App intercepts and repositions more simplistic window sizing operations is an irrelevant trick in this case.

You are missing the point.. The TH2Go is supposed to make the app to
go "Full Screen" inside the screen it`s maximized to, if you tell it to do so
with the built in "Desktop Management". (If you go "Full Screen" without
maximizing the app first, it should expand to all 3 screens...).

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009, 16:57 

[quote]

I think it's more of a problem with Apple iTunes and Adobe Photoshop using nonstandard window hacks to make their GUI. This needs to be addressed to Adobe and Apple imho not Matrox.

I agree to some point.. I just think that it should be MATROX, and not
the costumer, to make agreement between them and other vendors
about how to fix the problem. :shock:

MATROX gave me this answer in desember 2008:
"Unfortunately, we can’t guarantee that Adobe will rewrite their software in order for it to be compliant with our hardware and we can’t control how other companies manage their software’s."

Isn`t this controlled by the provided software "PowerDesk-SE"?
If so, shouldn`t it be possible to rewrite the soft to also include the
apps that makes trouble with the TH2Go?

another statement from MATROX:
"Unfortunately, we are not able to control how every application works. We try our best to have all mainstream applications hook to our software but unfortunately some applications are coded differently and we can’t make any modifications to the software’s as this would be a copyright infringement."

The question is: Are they even trying? :?:

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009, 18:07 
Insiders
Insiders

Seems to be a prime target for the new sub-forum "Lobbying Central". :wink:

I do also agree with you that Matrox has more leverage with the big companies than the individual, but it shouldn't be matrox's job to fix others non-standard implementations, but merely to bring the point across that there is a market segment harmed by the non-standard implementation.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=63

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2010, 00:47 
Insiders
Insiders

I have the same issue.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 09:59 

So far all my adobe apps (CS4 premier, illustrator photoshop etc)
All seem to work under windows 7, Although admitadly photoshop runs abit slow and the toolbars seem to get bugged out with transparancy then end up crashing.

Although the rest are fine.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2010, 09:22 

Not sure if the original author managed to sort this out.. because i skimmed the thread..

..but i had the same problem, it was posted on the official adobe photoshop/cs4 forums, not sure which one tbh..

But basically, the original author of that thread over there managed to get around the "normal maximizing" problem of photoshop by using a third party piece of software called "Max To" which.. is a really basic program you can use to divide your TH2GO setup back into 3 monitors (or so windows thinks, at least for programs maximiizing). Using this software, you can get around the wierd CS4 user interface problems w/ TH2Go.

I haven't tried fullscreening photoshop though, so i dont know but probably doubt it'll fix that. hope this is of some small help.

Im using Vista 64, th2goDE and photoshop/flash cs4 (which both trip out when you try and maximize them, damn cs4)