Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Oct 2024, 05:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010, 17:29 

I even base my game-purchasing decisions on whether the games field of view scale horizontally appropriately, now.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010, 19:22 

First of all... I'm currently using a HD 5870 with 3x1 Landscape Eyefinity.
I bought this setup because I saw it o Youtube and it simply looked awesome and I didn't know what I should upgrade next. When I got it I started playing many of my old Games, trying which of them work in Eyefinity. First, I was very fascinated and it was huge fun playing like this. Some time later I realized that about 60% of the new games released don't support Eyefinity. But I already fell in love with it while using Windows. It's just cool playing WoW ind Windowmode, reading news and watching TV at the same time. Plus, some Games work perfectly with Eyefinity (GRID, BFBC2, ...) so I play them across all screens. I wouldn't buy another setup without multiple screens just because of missing space.
Nvidia Surround sucks (imo) because of lack compability and insane prices (and 3D will suck while gaming, too).
I'm looking forward for future ATI (or AMD) GPU's with Eyefinity and hope they will stick to it and Game Dev's will make use of it, too, just because of the coolest gaming experience I ever had.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010, 21:04 
Insiders
Insiders

I've been an Eyefinity user since roughly April. Currently I'm sporting some Dell IPS displays rotated into 3x1 portrait. I must say I am loving Eyefinity and am planning to sell my card and buy one with more RAM in the future (5870). I've tried a lot of games and have had a great deal of experience getting games to work through various hacks. Hex editing and registry altering are very familiar to me. I'd prefer to see some more native resolution support for weird resolutions.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010, 22:22 

I've seen Eyefinity working' in a workshop this summer. It's full of possibilities while playing.
It's amazing! Now I will build a pc for gaming (my old one will retire...LOL). My last card is a HIS 4870 Turbo. It was cool, and I've never had a problem whit it. So I plan to get another HIS card...and some monitors :).

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010, 23:08 

I have never tried Eyefinity, but I do find the technology interesting. For the price, however, I do find it quite a premium setup. Much too expensive to my taste. As such, I doubt I'll be trying it anytime soon.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010, 23:43 

Thanks for the chance.........

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2010, 06:45 

I just love Eyefinity. I play your games much more immersively as I now have so much screen resolution to work with. Especially for flight simulators , racing games and strategy games where I like to have a big field to play in it enhances visibility, and that's just really grand. The experience of playing games, in my case with three screens is simply fantastic, the first minutes I felt a little confusion as my brain actually needs to process so much information it can hardly keep up. Once I got used to it the 'wow' factor kicks in and the experience is just lovely.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2010, 11:39 

I adopted Eyefinity as soon as it was released. I purchased the 5870 days after it's launch and set out on my quest to acquire 3 24 inch widescreens and ended up with the Dell S2409W's and wow were they a great choice. The image quality is great and I am still happy with these monitors. I initially had problems with the blinking monitor issue and signal loss and finally after swapping cards and surprisingly finding a specific combination of my available monitors and cables it went away. The setup would only work with certain cables with certain monitors in certain ports on the videocard :) But despite all of this I still love the system and have shown it to anybody that I could get to look ;) I have been looking into upgrading to the a pair of 6870's in eyefinity but now I just might have to wait until this contest is over.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2010, 17:57 

This card dont really have enough juice for multimon gaming but maybe with a few friends of his.

Triplescreen gaming is the bomb.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2010, 19:00 

My opinion in short -------> :rockout

In long.

Having mortgaged my house for 2 Dell monitors to sit by my original dell monitor plus 3 adapters one of which broke, 1 of which didnt work and finaly a working saphire adapter i was a little worried id wasted an awesome amount of money on a gimmick. However after racing round Hot Pursuit and shooting people in Bad Company im truly amazed by the experience. Very immersive and spectacular in comparison to single screen. Well worth the money.
Happy Days. Lets hope more and more Software Houoses support it to make WSGs life a little easier :cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next