Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Oct 2024, 10:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2010, 14:16 

Oddly enough one of my favourite aspects of Eyefinity is things like pushing games to utilize dynamic aspect ratios with user controllable Field of View options.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2010, 19:20 

Having been a gamer all my life, Eyefinity has changed the way we play games forever.

Starting back when I was a kid we had a Commodore 64 and played games like BeachHead, Zork, and Summer and Winter Olympics, along with Spy vs. Spy. My brother and I thought this was the best thing in the world.

Having several PC's and gaming consoles since then, technology today is mind blowing. What can be done with home computers is in one word... incredible. Games in the last 5 years have probably been the number one wanted or gifted item for birthday's, Christmas, etc. In almost every household you will find gamers. Every kid, adult, father or mother have played some type of game on the computer or gaming console.

When people started to hear about ATI and Eyefinity you could not help but smile if you have ever played a game on the PC. I knew when this came out I was going to build my first ever PC with Eyefinity. When playing with Eyefinity you get so caught up in the game its like nothing you have ever felt before playing on a single screen. You seemed surrounded with action and scenery that is just jaw dropping.

This brings joy to whoever can experience gaming with multiple screens and a smile that brings you back to when you were a kid. Most of the people who try out my setup are just in awe with a smile ear to ear. The common phrase I get is just plain "Wow". To me this is the best thing since sliced bread and look forward to what the future holds with Eyefinity and games.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2010, 05:30 

Eyefinity is a great technology. if i have a lot of money i want to make a Eyefinity system.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2010, 05:33 

Thoughts on Eyefinity?

Well, I haven't had the chance to experience it in person yet, I'm working on it. Depending on my budget/sales of monitors.

From the videos and input I've seen, overall it looks great, but still has some issues as DisplayPort is not a standard for many monitor inputs yet, and it can require some work arounds to get it working right for some games.

I imagine it's quite immersive, and advantageous to have the side screens as peripheral vision and extending your field of view.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2010, 07:40 

Simplicity! No longer have to buy third party devices just to get started.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2010, 08:16 

Great new technology from His....
with this graphic card I can't spend my joyful holiday with my friends at rent house, playing wonderful games with no delayed .... :cheers

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2010, 14:22 

Man, WSG (Wide-screen Gaming) rewrote the whole gaming rulebook...
My friend has an HIS wide screen setup and it rocks!
Especially when u apply the iz3D Driver probably...

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2010, 18:02 

Eyefinity: A gift for the gamer who has everything

Designed for PC gamers with a bit of room to spare in their dens, Eyefinity allows users to connect up to six displays to a single card—like the ATI Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 edition to create a viewing environment akin to those you might imagine enjoyed by Wall Street stock brokers and NASA flight controllers.

The key to the Eyefinity experience—and what makes it so different from playing these games on a similarly sized flat-screen TV—is resolution. With six monitors in place I was viewing these games at 5760-by-3600 instead of 1920-by-1200. It’s not like moving closer to a screen; it’s expanding the range of vision. You don’t see the same thing you would see on a single screen only bigger; you see what’s going on to the left, right, and above what you would normally see on a single screen. Simply put, you see more. Five times more, to be exact. It’s a significant enhancement.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2010, 19:43 

Hello.
I do not have the third and even second monitor, but I want to fix it. I love to play Descent, but in this game should turn his head at all 360x360x360 degrees :-) Multi-display in this very helpful. And then I can feel yourself in this space.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2010, 21:48 

Eyefinity is the way of the future. Ever since the first matrox dual head cards came out, the desire to have multiple monitors to spread out our desktops has only increased. My first multi monitor setup was using ATI Radeon 7000 AGP with composite video out and Trident 2.25 MB PCI graphic cards. I had 17 and 15 inch monitors on VGA and a 20 inch tv over composite. I thought i had it all (winamp playlist on TV, MSN messenger on 15inch and web browser on the 17). It was impossible to utilize the multiple displays for gaming due to displays not matching, cards not matching, driver issues, etc.

Then dual head cards came out, reducing complexity, heat, and increasing image quality, but still driver support was lacking.

Fast forward to 2010, now EyeFinity is here and in full swing, with a simple dual GPU setup working in tandem, we can easily create video walls! 3 screens is the idea amount though, one in the center focus, and 2 in the peripherals. Im excited to try out a new EyeFinity product and I can't wait to play Tom Clancy's HAWX with 3 screens, as I currently play at 1680x1050 on a 22'' samsung lcd. I would gladly buy two more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next