Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Oct 2024, 06:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 21:37 

Or so say the release nots for 12.4. I wonder if it works?

Post subject: I sure hope so, the line
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 22:55 

I sure hope so, the line right in front of my face on the center monitor was pretty annoying

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 00:49 

Doesn't work, my 3rd screen still tears. Now instead of it being at a fairly consistent area, it jumps everywhere. I'm really getting tired of AMD's shitty drivers, fixing 1 thing while breaking 2 others in the process.

Post subject: Bad luck, I have had one
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 01:49 

Bad luck, I have had one report of it working so I guess it's not consistent.

I am going to put in another rig dedicated to flying and keep my current one for racing. I will need another graphics card so I might try the nvidia with 2xdvi and 1 hdmi.

Post subject: Screen Tearing
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 09:29 

I really hope a fix for this is coming... this is my first eyefinity rig I setup last weekend ... My outs from 6870 are 1 x Mini Dp to HDMI (passive), 1 x HDMI to HDMI (passive) and 1 x Mini DP to VGA (active ) ... just ordered another active adapter to replace the Mini DP to HDMI in an attempt to help remedy the issue .... I cant believe that such an annoying flaw could exist ... very disapointed by AMD / ATI

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 16:16 

Working for anyone?! For me - NO! Still have tearing on TWO screens, I can't god damn understand why I getting tearing even on DVI connected screen?
My connection method
1. DVI-DVI (left screen) suffers from tearing
2. DVI-DVI (middle screen) this one is enabled as main screen and have no tearing
3. DP-VGA (right screen) suffers from tearing

I'm even happy to disable tearing on my left screen but it's still here.

From all my eyefinity experience begging from 2010 I'll not recommend this for anyone even for the worst enemy since it's every day battle with: AMD drivers, buggy games which are not compatible with eyefinity, not working crossfire cuz of stuttering and +1 problem once they released 6XXX series - TEARING. Currently I'm waiting for GTX670 release to sell my 6970's since this card can't handle eyefinity that way which AMD advertised.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 20:52 

My setup I only had tearing on the center screen on the 12.3 drivers with the setup as follows

Left monitor - DP
Center monitor - DVI
right monitor - DP

I will check out the 12.4 drivers and see if it is still there using DP and DVI tonight.