Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 11:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2012, 14:55 

Hi - I am not sure if this is considered 'surround' or not but I have just installed a EVGA GTX690 and connected my 2 Samsung SyncMaster 226BW. I am hoping to be able to play across both monitors in BF3 & Flight Sim X.

I can run oth monitors in Windows 7 (64 bit) in extended mode but cant for the life of me work out how to get it to run in either of these games across two screens.

Both monitors are connected with DVI cables. I have tried plugging them in to both DVI ports on 'A' as well as the 2nd pot of 'A' & 'B' - no luck. :-(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: You need 3 monitors for
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2012, 15:16 

You need 3 monitors for nVidia surround. So all you can go is play in windowed mode and stretch it across both monitors. It should scale to the correct ratio but performance will be terrible. Gpu's will putt along at very low usage. Just get a third monitor. It's not worth the time, not to mention in bf3 your cross hair will be on a bezel.