Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Oct 2024, 19:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2011, 04:07 

Good news - it looks like the next patch will correct some of these issues:

http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/hud_eyefinity_issues?utm_content=reply_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=reply_notification#reply_7074952

You need to be a member and loged in to see deatils of you link......what does it say regarding the patch and whens it expected????

Post subject: lowdog wrote:peanut
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2011, 05:26 
Editors
Editors

[quote]Good news - it looks like the next patch will correct some of these issues:

http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/hud_eyefinity_issues?utm_content=reply_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=reply_notification#reply_7074952

You need to be a member and loged in to see deatils of you link......what does it say regarding the patch and whens it expected????

A DICE employee posted: "Hi - spoke to the dev team this morning, a number of Eyefinity related fixes are being tracked for an upcoming update. Once we have confirmed patch notes, we'll communicate them here."

And the support ticket is now marked as "in progress"

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2011, 22:06 

This is how I run the game, without the arrow marker problem:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1444436-hud-not-scaling-correctly-eyefinity-3.html#post20311374

It works, but the lens-flare bug still makes it unplayable in Eyefinity

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2011, 00:19 

I hope by "Eyefinity" they mean both that and Surround.

Post subject: Jori wrote:I've found a
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2011, 00:28 

I've found a better solution for playing at 3 monitors and the player overhead tags active. Instead of playing at windowed mode (wich it works) i've found that is much better to play in full screen but setting the resolution to 3840x720 . In that resolution the player tags are shown correctly. I know, is a bit low resolution, but it works. In the other hand, you can set the video performance to ultra and so and the game will look better than playing on windowed mode and all the settings to low. (at least in my case (GTX 590) )

The resolution 3840x720 has the same aspect ratio of the 5760x1080 but at lower resolution, so the enviroment is not deformed or something.

Playing this mode will be the best solution while we wait for a patch ;)

This solution would be OK if you could actually run 1:1 AR scaling, which you can't do in Surround mode. So in practice this solution is terrible because everything onscreen looks like smeared crap in non-native res.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2011, 16:54 
Insiders
Insiders

With 3x 1920x1200 running on 2x GTX570s, processor @4.4ghz 2600k hyperthread disabled - I "was" running 4930x1024 (not sure on the 4930 but it was 49__ something) and everything appeared as it should geometrically, not oblong or stretched. The HUD also worked perfectly with the change to the profile that pulled in the safe screen size to the center monitor. The lens flare was ungodly though but if you iron-sight it goes away you you're forced to walk around like that at time when going in to the sun. Also, any res I tried higher than the above res screwed up the HUD placement entirely. 5040x1050 and up, etc.

The thing that I found though, was that with all settings on High with Shadows on Medium, MSAA off and FXAA on High, No motion blur (ick) game ran perfectly 57-60fps.

What I found was the hit registration is some how tied to FPS on the client side. I switched to native single monitor @1920x1200 with everything maxed, all Ultra, MSAA 4x, FXAA 4x, No motion blur (ick) and the game runs on a single monitor 75-110 fps and wow did my kill count go up. I found that in 1 on 1 exchanges where I was losing before, now I'm winning them and getting that "first shot" edge I was not getting running @60fps.

Hell, I'm tempted to run all High settings and get the framerate up to 150 all the time cause it seems that higher FPS = your shots register first in the 1-v-(1-3) small engagements

I can also sometimes now feel some server sponge lag, from time to time, where as before I could not. It seems to come and go in very short bursts here and there when there is a lot going on right in your vicinity.

Also, wow, the lens flare on a single monitor isn't annoying at all, looks like it should and doesn't blind you at all. Its actually gorgeous...what a shame. And the game looks SOOO much better and sharper obviously running at native res for the monitor.

I'll be playing on a single monitor though till this garbage is fixed. Had to disable my other two monitors in Nvidia control panel also or the game loads with no menus.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2011, 17:56 
Insiders
Insiders

You...disabled...hyperthreading...why?!

"Oh, hey, I dislike extra performance, let's disable this feature."

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2011, 20:58 

because bf3 is maxing out the cpu cache on some processors and causing stutter issues. disabling hyperthreading sorts this for most.

3 x 42 inch screens @5860x1080
16 gigs xmp ram @2200

Post subject: Temporary fix
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 16:50 

For those of you trying to play multiplayer BF3 with 16:10 aspect ratio (1920x1200, etc) do the following as a temporary fix:

Launch BF3

If you have the game set to native/bezel corrected drop it to a step below native setting:
In my case I should be running at 6000x1200, but I drop the resolution to 6000x1080 - this appears wrong, that doesnt matter.

Alt + F4 to close the game
Ctrl + Shift + Esc, check to see if BF3.exe process is NOT running, if it is, end it.

Relaunch the game.

Player markers are now in the correct position. If you are unhappy with the HUD being on L and R you can adjust that in the config file via the config file in your documents folder (as shown previously in the thread).

It's not perfect, but it's as close as you will get for now :D

Enjoy

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 17:15 

[quote]For the big damned lens flare issue, try this :

In C:Users[USERNAME]DocumentsBattlefield 3settingsPROF_SAVE_profile
change GstRender.Brightness value to 0.300000
change GstRender.Contrast value 0.010000

I think it will reduce the "too much" effect, but I ddidn't compare with screenshots, so let me know :) Try a "before and after" screenshot of the same area like this one, so we will see the difference... or not ;)

That's just brightness and contrast.

It won't change that they've gotten the overlays stretched out to triple-size.
Yes I know, but it will reduce a little bit the blindy effect (it's streched, so it shine too much, so reduce brightness and contrast...)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next