Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Oct 2024, 04:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 01:22 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Hello all!

I took some time to perfect my technique:
In short it does:

- It streches the hud so the inventory is now fully accessible
- Level Up menu works properly
- Map Works properly
- Items are properly scaled in inventory
- Loading screen is not broken and texts are also visible.
- Reading books are still a minor issue and must be Read with the included workaround:
1. Go to inventory select the BOOK. Prior of open it press "+"(plus key) then open it.
2. When reverting from the book press "-"(minus key) to revert to normal hud.

How-To use it:
1. You need Cheat Engine installed.
2. Open the table.
3. select "YES" to load the script and start the game.
4. Play the game

I have included 2 formats: 5040x1050 & 5760x1080.

The game is now fully playable. I know is not nicely wrapped in a tool of its own but that takes time and as long as the game works...isn't that what we want?:)

Best Regards,
Helifax

I'm getting "This is not a valid cheat table (Error executing this table's lua script: Access violation)". I'm already running this with admin rights and the resolution is correct, 5040. Could this be because of the TESV.exe? Thanks!

If this "violation" error appears, quit Cheat Engine and re-open the CT table and hit "YES to ALL". You can start the game afterwards or even ALT+TAB. Then use the "-, +" keys to rescale the hud and when reading books:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 01:23 

Unfortunately, for me at this point, it is not working.

Do I have to load the game through Steam?

I am loading the game via a shortcut on the desktop to the TESV.exe which is in a different drive to the C:. Would that make a difference?

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 01:26 

No offense or anything, but a hud stretched across all three screens is absolutely horrible. Unless I'm doing it wrong.. Having it on just the left screen alone was better..

Post subject: Luke Appel
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 01:27 
Insiders
Insiders

Unfortunately, for me at this point, it is not working.

Do I have to load the game through Steam?

I am loading the game via a shortcut on the desktop to the TESV.exe which is in a different drive to the C:. Would that make a difference?

It doesn't matter. If the process is opened and it should hook to it. I also use a desktop shortcut. The drive shouldn't matter also. After the table has been loaded and the game started try to hit "-" & "+" and see if the HUD is rescalled. The fix is not automatically applied without pressing "+".

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 01:30 
Insiders
Insiders

No offense or anything, but a hud stretched across all three screens is absolutely horrible. Unless I'm doing it wrong.. Having it on just the left screen alone was better..

None taken:) Hayden will provide the fix where everything is centered:) I for one prefer a stretched HUD because I am not playing at 30-50cm from my 3 screens:) So, when we will have 2 solutions everyone can choose the right one for him:)

Post subject: wt73 wrote:c69 wrote:For
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 01:33 

[quote]For those who have eyefinity working (minus any menu fixes), what drivers are you running?

I get 3-5fps with eyefinity when I disable my crossfire and put details on low. Should be getting much more than that. I have seen videos of eyefinity working well, so it must be my drivers. I am on ccc 11.10 and drivers dated 10/12/11.

I am using an HD 5870 @6000 x 1080 (so HaYDens fix is set @ 2000) with 11.10 driver, ultra settings with all distances reduced to 75%, AA off, AF x16 and fov @75 - the only issue that remains is the Book reading. I have a 4th monitor for Elder scrolls Wiki to read books, etc. My FPS is 35 average, which is entirely enjoyable to play.
I even rolled the driver back to 11.9 at the beginning of this whole eyefinity 'fix' situation to make sure that my issues were not driver-related. Use Revo uninstaller and COMPLETELY remove CCC and driver then re-install if you think it may be driver.

Thanks for this information. I just spent 3 hours doing extensive debugging of my system with the new 11.11 drivers released today. Disabling system services, devices, trying at different details, in both crossfire enabled and disabled, with Radeon Pro profiles ,adn without, and multiple detail levels across eyefinity. This with 6850x2.

There is definietly something wrong. Crossfire is out of the question for this game and even when enabled, it doesnt scale well with the game, showing 50-70% utilization.

Eyefinity on a single 6850 should be able to run at some level of detail, but that is not my experience. Sometimes I was able to get fluid framerate outdoors walking around, but it would hang sometimes, and I got a couple ctd.

The game runs really well with a single 6850 with most ultra details checked at 1920x1080, but I just cant get eyefinity with a single 6850 to work. Leads me to wonder if there is something wrong with the vram of the card (perhaps it was never taxed by other games), or if 1G vram is not enough for eyefinity? (Although there are youtube vids of eyefinity with a single 6850..)

I built this system to play AAA blockbuster titles in eyefinity and its coming up short. Crossfire doesnt work, and may never work with skyrim, although it is impressive with other titles. Should I send back and sell the cards and get a 6970?

If I get a better card, it really wont effect my single monitor play at all, as a 6850 runs it on mostly ultra at a high frame rate. And there seems to be no guarantee that I'll get eyefinity working, so upgrading to a better single card could be a waste of money and short my performance on other titles. What crap.

What little play I did see in eyefinity looks amazing. Going from supported with Oblivion, to not supported with Skyrim is lame. This is flagship technology. Are consoles going to kill eyefinity?

Post subject: I finally got it
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 01:42 

I finally got it working.

For some reason it wouldn't work at the start but after running Haydens injector, then playing, then quiting out, closing the injector and running the code, it works.

But I might wait until Haydens, as like someone earlier mentioned, playing it stretched doesn't work well with my monitor and setup.

Thanks though!

And Hayden, when is the word?

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 01:45 
Editors
Editors

The game is now fully playable. I know is not nicely wrapped in a tool of its own but that takes time and as long as the game works...isn't that what we want?:)

Best Regards,
Helifax

Thanks a lot for all your efforts in helping the multi-monitor community helifax, we really appreciate this. :twothumb

Post subject: helifax wrote:matrices
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 01:58 

[quote]Hm, it doesn't seem to be quite working for me. The map is fine and the favorites menu seems fine, but the start menu is zoomed in and so is the items menu. And the loading screen, probably some other things too.

Not using bezel correction. Just ran the table file via cheat engine and then started the game, as instructed.

Yes! I forgot to say press "-" key to adjust the HUD to stretched format:) You will have to rescale only for the books:) Afterwards even the main menu is rescaled:)

Thanks - works! Awesome job!

Granted, the stretched UI isn't as clean-looking as the other one (stretched fonts, mainly), but the key advantage is that everything is functional. Working map FTW.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 02:11 

will either of these work on a 3840x1024 setup
i mean of course im going to try with the lower res of the two and see what happens anyway haha, fully understanding things arent streteched properly for me, but thats fine, man im learning quick that there only seems to be a few active members runin this res :P

*sorry missed the other post, trying to edit the files now and see if i have any luck, no idea what to do with the one res. the 5040 one i changed to 3840.. will see how bad it looks, or if it even works haha

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 302  Next