Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Oct 2024, 03:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Updated files
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 21:49 
Insiders
Insiders

I have taken helifax's newest fix and redone all the files again, for your convenience. I have also updated the read me to resolve my assumption that the multi-monitor edit had been done in SkyrimPrefs.ini, so I have included that under Preparation. I have also put in instructions on exactly what I did to make these edits, that way any one can edit the file for their custom resolutions. Thanks again helifax for this fix!

Attached files Skyrim_Multi-monitor_Standard_Resolutions_v2.rar (24.8 KB)

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 22:32 
Insiders
Insiders

I have taken helifax's newest fix and redone all the files again, for your convenience. I have also updated the read me to resolve my assumption that the multi-monitor edit had been done in SkyrimPrefs.ini, so I have included that under Preparation. I have also put in instructions on exactly what I did to make these edits, that way any one can edit the file for their custom resolutions. Thanks again helifax for this fix!

Thank you very much for your support!

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 22:48 

[quote]HaYDeN, will your fix work with bezel corrected resolutions such that menus and HUD text won't be drawn in the areas blocked by bezels?

Did the previous fix cause problems? because it shouldn't have, I have tried bezel compensation when some others mentioned it.... worked fine.

So for example for me 5760x1080 (NOT bezel compensated) and 5780x1080 (WITH bezel compensation)... the same still applies, 5760/3 or 5780/3 .. the resolution is not the same when bezel compensated.

Basically.. if it doesn't work.. your not entering the correct details.

Just confirming, version 0.1 of your fix DOES work with bezel compentsation.
I play at 6000x1080. Entered 2000 into resolution option and it works like a charm =)

Looking forward to next version.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 23:25 

I have the original STEAM version of SKYRIM.

The second solution with a corrected display of books and maps not working for me :( ...

1. I Open the Game and ATL + TAB
2. I Open the table in CT 6.1
3. Select "YES" to load the script.
4. ALT + TAB & Play the game
5 ... = game crashes (every time)

SkyRim_UW.exe /first solution/ works perfectly for me, but unfortunately - not working map and book (which is essential for playing). Do you try to improve it?

Thank you for the excellent work they are doing. Not just for Skyrim!

Post subject: HanzDD wrote:I have the
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 23:31 

The second solution with a corrected display of books and maps not working for me :( ...

SkyRim_UW.exe /first solution/ works perfectly for me, but unfortunately - not working map and book (which is essential for playing). Do you try to improve it?

Just to be clear, there is no steam version of skyrim. All copies of skyrim use steamworks copy protection, but like all bethesda's that does not apply to anything but the LAUNCHER. the game itself is has NO COPY PROTECTION.

Post subject: HanzDD wrote:I have the
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 00:09 
Insiders
Insiders

Hmm interesting...

Have you tried to
1. Launch the CT file directly (do not open CT 6.1 File->Open and select the CT)
2. Launch the game via direct executable (NOT via Launcher)

This should work. The only downside is that some values are written to soon and the items in the inventory look a little squished.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

Post subject: c69 wrote:SeNate
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 00:24 

[quote][quote][quote]Heli ....

I have a question , triple screen works great on the set up you told me bout ...
But i am running at 1 Fps ? is there a reason why ? ... any other game Runs perfectly on eyefinity and smooth
The only SkyrimPrefs.ini file i have in my system is the one in the steam folder .. once I change it to 5760x 1080 I go to the TESV.exe start the game and its Running like a DOG
all bogged Down.. any advice or help ?

thanks

jayson

Pretty sure this guy is trolling. One of his posts said he was running a server board with 7x 1TB HD? Plus 2x 6990s? I'm not buying it.

Yeah, I have a 6990 + 6970 in tri-fire and I still get 40fps. With just the 6990 it acts as a "single" card for purposes of non CF support. So it runs better on just the 6990. I don't buy 1FPS either, unless he's running full AA on Ultra.

I buy it. I also get what seems like 1fps with two cards in CF. The graphics hang and its so slow, movement is not possible. OSD says 25fps, but that is obvisouly not the case, that would be playable. Hitting esc, takes a few seconds for the menu to open up. There is obviously something very wrong for a subset of users.

I have read that some people can only get their AMD systems in working order by physically removing the second card.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 00:37 

phew

finally caught up all the pages since I was here last. Damn having those things called career, missus, responsibility.

I've been since playing on single screen (yuk) waiting for a fixes to be completed. I'll be trialing haydens current fix tonight.

For those who are comparing systems/wondering if they can run it:

Q9400 / 4gb ddr3 / x-fi 7.1 / 6870 OC / 4320x900 - detail on ULTRA. Smooth as, apart from the non-fix problems.

I'll report how I go for those running similar rigs.

I agree with others, paypal donation account and hayden/helifax shall get some coin for their efforts.

For those that were complaining and bitching (I read a few ingrates with the "IT DOESNT WORK FIX IT NOW I WANNA GAME ON PUTER MUM BOUGHT ME WAAAH" ) - have some damn respect for those who are putting in their own unpaid time to create fixes for you FOR FREE.

Post subject: crossfire tip
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 00:43 

A little off topic but for anyone running a Crossfire rig and still having performance issues running off one GPU, you dont actually have to remove your second card but just disable it in device manager instead. I jumped from running at 35ish fps with some horrid dips to 60.

I7 930 @ 3.36ghz | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | 6gb DDR3 | Corsair H80 Cooler | Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Case | 2x VTX3D 6970 2gb X-Edition | 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD | 3x Samsung S24A450BW 24" LED Monitors | Corsair HX-850 PSU | Saphire Active DP

Post subject: For everyone wishing to
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 01:10 
Administrators
Administrators

Donations:

For everyone wishing to donate to Hayden and helifax for their fixes, Ibrin has setup a ChipIn which you can donate to, to show your appreciation to these guys! Check it out on the left hand sidebar.

To Hayden and helifax - great work guys, doing WSGF proud. We know you do these fixes for free with no expectation, but allow us to say thanks. 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 302  Next