Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 11:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Shinxware wrote:Hi
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 18:12 

Hi guys,
first of all thank you from Italy! For the great job and for having fixed the surround display view.

Game runs fine but I still have a weird issue when i draw/undraw weapons.
When I am in first person and I draw weapon it looks like the view is the one of the left monitor, stretched on 5760x1080.

I am using Hayden ultra wide ver 0.3 (also same with 0.4a)

I made this video so you can understand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWkEjkn7o3o
(best viewed fullscreen)

I have a nvidia surround with 2x570gtx, win7 64 bit, an i7-2600k cpu and 16 gb of RAM.

Thank you and I really hope you can help me !

I have the same issue with 4.b - I just open the console and change FOV settings until 'acceptable' ie: 70, 80, 85 etc

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 18:26 

Hi there, I have basically just finished my set-up and Skyrim was the goal to have set up, leading into the release of SWTOR. Thanks to your help through this long and detailed post I was able to have the game be fully playable, minus the minor issue of not being able to see my characters face during character creation. I did however have one question.

The Hayden 0.4A fix is the one I am using and right now I have to run it every time before I launch the game. Is that common practice or should it be a one time hit? I am running a 3X1 and my copy of Skyrim is from Steam.

Thanks again for all your help, what a fantastic user group!

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 18:31 

^just a note to the few of us on 3840x1024 or similar res.
i see no need for that patch personally. playing on ultra with everything up, all defaults upped. all view distances maxes. fxaa, 16x AF etc.
and a few shadow tweaks on the ini to incease shadows on trees and rocks and other stuff. with all that said, i still get over 30fps all the time, have pretty much no texture bugs, no crashes etc.
and my theory here is "if its not broke, don't fix it". im already running a visual patch and the ultra wide loader. im gonna try and not hack my game to the point of no return hah.

again, this is just my exp, and im 3840x1024, which is almost 35% less than those @ 5760.
*playin on my home machine, specs in sig

I agree, dont fix what is not broken.

I am running 5760x1080 and DONT have any memory problems. I am running a mix of high/ultra settings with a 6850 (1GB), and get high-20s+. Not a single CTD.

I wonder what people are doing to get ctd and require 4GB. It is not resolution. Perhaps having more video memory requires more memory space in the Skyrim process? Or maybe it is texture mods and whatnot causing the ctd?

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 18:37 
Editors
Editors

The Hayden 0.4A fix is the one I am using and right now I have to run it every time before I launch the game. Is that common practice or should it be a one time hit? I am running a 3X1 and my copy of Skyrim is from Steam.

Hey ChamberoftheArcanum, welcome to WSGF, yes thats it, HaYDeN's fix is a memory hack, you need to run it every time before you launch the game.

Post subject: Hello,Thanks for your
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 18:43 

Hello,

Thanks for your software.

Is there a solution for the problem with the mouse on the left screen?
It's strange because the problem never occur on the map.

The boring stuff is that since you cannot click on yes or no, it's blocked, and the only to go out is to kill the process and restart it.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 19:00 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]^just a note to the few of us on 3840x1024 or similar res.
i see no need for that patch personally. playing on ultra with everything up, all defaults upped. all view distances maxes. fxaa, 16x AF etc.
and a few shadow tweaks on the ini to incease shadows on trees and rocks and other stuff. with all that said, i still get over 30fps all the time, have pretty much no texture bugs, no crashes etc.
and my theory here is "if its not broke, don't fix it". im already running a visual patch and the ultra wide loader. im gonna try and not hack my game to the point of no return hah.

again, this is just my exp, and im 3840x1024, which is almost 35% less than those @ 5760.
*playin on my home machine, specs in sig

I agree, dont fix what is not broken.

I am running 5760x1080 and DONT have any memory problems. I am running a mix of high/ultra settings with a 6850 (1GB), and get high-20s+. Not a single CTD.

I wonder what people are doing to get ctd and require 4GB. It is not resolution. Perhaps having more video memory requires more memory space in the Skyrim process? Or maybe it is texture mods and whatnot causing the ctd?

This stumps me too, c69.

I just tried it to fix the constant CTD issue and it worked. What's really odd is that when I tab out it shows the Skyrim application using 1024MB of system ram, not even 2GB, or more... but it fixes my constant CTD issue (every 10-30 minutes).

Don't use it if you're not having issues obviously. I just gave it shot and it stopped the CTD issue so whatever it does, I like it :)

Our setups are different and it may or may not be related to that, who knows, but if the game works without it, why use it.

I'm running 5916x1200 bezel corrected on 2x 570s and get 50-60fps with everything ultra with the exceptions - radial blur off, 2x AA, fshadowdistance=3000

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 19:03 

ah right, in the 110+ pages i forgot this was primarily a C2D fix not just a memory for textures and such thing.
i think ive had 2x C2D my entire play time (knock on wood), and im almost level 20.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 19:07 

For people crashing out when they alt-tab, are you really crashing?

That is a dumb question, but when I alt-tab, and try to tab back in it appears to be hung; blank window, no mouse since it has been grabbed by TESV.exe, sometimes after a minute it will go back to full screen, but not always. If I did not have as much time behind a computer as I do I would say it was hung and force close it.

What I do is tab back out, which works, I have to move my mouse to the task bar to see it and click to get normal mouse control back on top of the window TESV creates, then I click on the TESV window or alt-tab back to TESV. The game goes back to full screen and works normally. I have not crashed from alt-tabbing at all since release.

This is with Nvidia SLI GTX275's with 280.19 drivers. I have not updated to the encrypted .exe, and am LAA.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 19:08 

This stumps me too, c69.

I just tried it to fix the constant CTD issue and it worked. What's really odd is that when I tab out it shows the Skyrim application using 1024MB of system ram, not even 2GB, or more... but it fixes my constant CTD issue (every 10-30 minutes).

System RAM + Video RAM

Main Box: 3x Dell U2311h 23" Monitors, Intel i7 2600K @4.3Ghz * ASUS P8Z68-V Pro * G.Skill 16Gb DDR3 1866 * ASUS HD6950 DCII 2gb Eyefinity 6 + Sapphire HD6950 2gb Dirt3 Edition [6970 Shader Unlocks, CrossFireX]

Post subject: thales100
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 19:09 

[quote]The Hayden 0.4A fix is the one I am using and right now I have to run it every time before I launch the game. Is that common practice or should it be a one time hit? I am running a 3X1 and my copy of Skyrim is from Steam.

Hey ChamberoftheArcanum, welcome to WSGF, yes thats it, HaYDeN's fix is a memory hack, you need to run it every time before you launch the game.

Thanks very much. What a difference it is to play in Eyefinity. I almost need to take a step back every now and then to let my brain process all the information it's receiving.

Thanks for the help, this site is a great resource.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 302  Next