Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Sep 2024, 07:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: I am trying to play Mass
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2012, 18:36 
Insiders
Insiders

I am trying to play Mass Effect using the Widescreen Fixer v3.1 r400 (Mass Effect 2 plugin version 2.1 r381) on Steam, resolution is 5760x1080 (I had to edit the config ini to set the resolution by hand, in-game it wouldn't let me select the resolution).

The fix fixes my aspect ratio and all the HUD. HOWEVER, when I go out onto a planet all my party members become floating heads/weapons. Their entire body model disappears! I have confirmed that this is caused by the widescreen fixer, if I load in the game first my party members are OK, but as soon as I enable fix with * the body models disappear. Disabling the fix does NOT make the models reappear, I have to restart the game.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2012, 20:11 
Insiders
Insiders

I am trying to play Mass Effect using the Widescreen Fixer v3.1 r400 (Mass Effect 2 plugin version 2.1 r381) on Steam, resolution is 5760x1080 (I had to edit the config ini to set the resolution by hand, in-game it wouldn't let me select the resolution).

The fix fixes my aspect ratio and all the HUD. HOWEVER, when I go out onto a planet all my party members become floating heads/weapons. Their entire body model disappears! I have confirmed that this is caused by the widescreen fixer, if I load in the game first my party members are OK, but as soon as I enable fix with * the body models disappear. Disabling the fix does NOT make the models reappear, I have to restart the game.

No need for INI editing. BTW in the config tool select 16:9 AR and there you can see all the resolutions. Don't modify any ini files. As for the disappearing models that sometimes happens even in ME2. That is the ENGINE fault not being able to use Increased FOVs.
Also if you keep playing like that at some point the engine "corrects" itself.:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2012, 21:49 

Any luck with the Mass Effect 1 retail fix?

I actually installed the game yesterday, but even on one screen it sucks due to the vert -

What needs to be done in order for the retail version to work with the fixer?

Thanks,
Lea

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2012, 22:40 
Insiders
Insiders

Any luck with the Mass Effect 1 retail fix?

I actually installed the game yesterday, but even on one screen it sucks due to the vert -

What needs to be done in order for the retail version to work with the fixer?

Thanks,
Lea

I would need an access to a computer with Retail ME1 via TeamView or something:)

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012, 20:09 

ah I see - well that sucks, not that it's your fault :-(

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2012, 14:03 
Insiders
Insiders

Updated WideScreen Fixer to support the retail edition of the game.

Upon closer testing we did find some FOV problems and are looking to correct them:

- Galaxy map is zoomed.
- Mako driving is also zoomed.

The only workaround at this time is to bind the fov command to 2 keys. I have already did this and I attached the file here. The numpad1 puts the fov to 140. Numpad0 reverts back. I recommend using these only when driving or in the galaxy map. Rest of the fovs are calculated OK.

The file you must put in MyDocuments/Bioware/MassEffect/Config
Best Regard,
Helifax

Attached files BIOInput.rar (5.7 KB)

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2012, 13:48 
Insiders
Insiders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMs4-nfukRg

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post subject: HaYDeN
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2012, 14:34 
Insiders
Insiders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMs4-nfukRg

Looks really awesome!!! Waiting for the actual fix;))

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2012, 14:21 

is still not working with texmod, have u thought about it? do we have any chance using this two great programs together?^_^

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2012, 16:45 
Insiders
Insiders

is still not working with texmod, have u thought about it? do we have any chance using this two great programs together?^_^

Why would you want to use texmod when you can tweak the game directly?

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/131/index/7738642/1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next