Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 12:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014, 00:56 
Insiders
Insiders

:TrueWS:

I would like to request a hacking tool for the Sonic Heroes that will change the actual pan and scan to a widescreen resolution with more left and right displayed and not cut off from the 4:3 (Pan & scan) area. I don't like the stretch method as it won't display anything else other than the pan and scan screen. I know this game could be changed like that on the gamecube and ps2 versions. However, the gamecube widescreen for Sonic Heroes with that method of the screen matting would be using Dolphin Emulator's widescreen hack option and the Playstation 2 can be used with the widescreen patch codes that were provided in several sites to cause that game to be displayed like that, but the menus and the HUD are stretched. I would like this one on PC for everything including gameplay, menus and others to not be stretched and the screen matting to be changed when using HOR+ instead of stretching.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014, 14:13 

Brandondorf9999 wrote:

I would like to request a hacking tool for the Sonic Heroes that will change the actual pan and scan to a widescreen resolution with more left and right displayed and not cut off from the 4:3 (Pan & scan) area. I don't like the stretch method as it won't display anything else other than the pan and scan screen. I know this game could be changed like that on the gamecube and ps2 versions. However, the gamecube widescreen for Sonic Heroes with that method of the screen matting would be using Dolphin Emulator's widescreen hack option and the Playstation 2 can be used with the widescreen patch codes that were provided in several sites to cause that game to be displayed like that, but the menus and the HUD are stretched. I would like this one on PC for everything including gameplay, menus and others to not be stretched and the screen matting to be changed when using HOR+ instead of stretching.

Here you go: http://thirteenag.github.io/widescreen_ ... onicheroes

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014, 16:30 
Insiders
Insiders

Fix available from the PC Gaming Wiki Community Files (search there)

Last edited by jackfuste on 20 Jul 2015, 10:15, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 02:31 
Insiders
Insiders

ThirteenAG wrote:
Brandondorf9999 wrote:

Here you go: http://thirteenag.github.io/widescreen_ ... onicheroes

It crashes on some stages, how do I fix that?

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 10:22 

Brandondorf9999 wrote:
It crashes on some stages, how do I fix that?

Sorry, I can't test it on all levels, try to redownload the archive, I made some changes and I think it should work fine now.