Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 07:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2007, 19:50 

Hi Everyone,

We here at Matrox are working very hard to have as many developers support TripleHead2Go as possible. Our goal is obviously to have native compatibility with all popular titles and new releases so everyone can enjoy the Surround Gaming experience with their favorite games.

Achieving this goal is obviously a large and complex task, so we generally prioritize our efforts based on game fit and customer demand. This being said, we wanted to hear your opinion about what kinds of games fit best with TripleHead2Go.

For current TH2Go users - which game genres do you feel are most enjoyable to play in Triplehead?

For those considering the purchase of a TH2Go - what games genres would you be buying our product to play?

Feel free to select your primary choice in the poll, and/or reply to this post by ranking the 5 genres in terms of your preference. (1st place going to best fit, 5th place going to weakest fit).

All your feedback will be closely monitored and taken into strong consideration by our Developer Relations team.

Thank you for your participation!

Mark

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2007, 20:37 

I voted in the poll for racing games. I am a simulation enthusiast, both for flight and racing sims, and I feel that more is gained through triplehead in a racing sim.

Just the other day I was competing in an online race, simulating a full-length Indianapolis 500. Sitting in your chair for 2.5 hours while driving at 230 mph 3 feet from other simulated cars is hard work. A triplehead display allowed me to see cars inside and outside of my own car and run safely through turns 2- and even 3-wide. Racing sims simply have the most to gain from extra side vision, and do not suffer at all from the relative lack of expansion to vertical vision.

Flight sims are a close second. No doubt the increased vision is fabulous, but it is easier and safer to look around (TrackIR, mouse, joystick HAT, whatever) in a flight sim than it is in a racing sim. A fixed view is often very important while racing, and having your head on a swivel is often more preferable in a flight sim. Triplehead flight simming also lends itself to the occasional "gee, I wish I could see more on the top and bottom, too" thoughts, since moving in 3D space is so important.

EDIT: Numerical preferences -
1. Racing/Race Simulation
2. Flight Simulation
3. First Person Shooters
4. Real-Time Strategy (last time I played this type of game was Command & Conquer: Red Alert)
5. MMORPGs/RPGs (don't think I've ever even played one of these... not my cup of tea).

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2007, 21:02 

I voted for racing games. Surround Gaming adds so much immersion and feel of speed into those games. My second choice would be first-person shooters, but I think that TripleHead2Go fits very nicely in all genres. :D

EDIT
Here's my preference:
1st - Racing/Race Simulation (Cars, Bikes, Boats etc.)
2nd - First Person Shooters
3rd - Flight Simulation/Air Combat/Space Combat
4th - Real-Time Strategy
5th - MMORPGs/RPGs/(Genres with a third-person perspective) ... I hardly ever play these type of games.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2007, 22:45 

Great feedback guys, thanks!

I agree there is a very solid fit for all these genres, although we will still need to prioritize them, if it's possible to rank all 5 genres in your preffered order that would be awesome.

At the current time my preference is the same as the poll order (but I'm really curious to know what others think):

1st - Flight Simulation/Air Combat/Space Combat

2nd (a very close second) - Racing/Race Simulation (Cars, Bikes, Boats etc.)

3rd - MMORPGs/RPGs/(Genres with a third-person perspective) (benefit from immersive worlds but are not as frames-per-second dependent as FPS genres)

4th - First Person Shooters

5th - Real-Time Strategy

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2007, 00:59 

Although I don't have a TH2G yet (see below) I have seen alot of screen shots and pictures of TH2G displays. I voted for CarRacingGames as they always seems to be gain the most positive impact to me for the game, as driving immersion values alot of peripheral vision.

However, my order of preference for when I buy the product would be in this order:

1st - First Person Shooters

2nd - Racing/Race Simulation (Cars, Bikes, Boats etc.)

3rd - MMORPGs/RPGs/(Genres with a third-person perspective) (benefit from immersive worlds but are not as frames-per-second dependent as FPS genres)

4th - Flight Simulation/Air Combat/Space Combat

5th - Real-Time Strategy

Comment: The only barrier to my entry into TH2G is that inability to support |4:3| 16:10 |4:3| As soon as that is a possibility, I will jump in head first, even if I had to pay 50% more.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2007, 13:53 

1st - MMORPGs/RPGs
2nd - First Person Shooters
3rd - Real-Time Strategy
4th - Flight Simulation/Air Combat/Space Combat
5th - Racing/Race Simulation

It was a close call for me between RPGs and FPSs, they are both great when TH2Go is supported properly!

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2007, 17:32 
Founder
Founder

I voted for RPGs. Being able to move all the HUD elements out of the center display makes the game that much more engrossing for me.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2007, 20:42 

1. Infantry simulation (OFP, ArmA)
2. FPS (GRAW, Crysis, COD4 - i've yet to buy these)

I'd love to play racing games on TH but I couldn't find a supported game which i really liked. same goes for air combat simulation.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2007, 21:04 

Great feedback guys - keep it coming! ;)

Redgun, you mention you couldn't find a supported racing or flightsim game that you really liked. -- Which flightsim and racesim games would you like to see supported?
(keep in mind that older games developed before TH2Go existed are difficult to support because they were either made with a graphics API that is too dated to support TH2Go resolutions, OR the dev teams on these games have dissolved and/or no further patches are planned/possible).

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2007, 22:08 
Founder
Founder

(keep in mind that older games developed before TH2Go existed are difficult to support because they were either made with a graphics API that is too dated to support TH2Go resolutions, OR the dev teams on these games have dissolved and/or no further patches are planned/possible).

We can always try and and get the patch here...