Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 16:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2007, 19:32 

Ok thanks paddy. I just wanted to make sure that before i shell out ANOTHER 29.99 for the dvd store bought game that the fov hack will work for it. I have no idea why this shouldn't work on the downloadable ebgames version that was purchased on their site. I'll just give the ebgames digital download version to a friend or something. This is all assuming that I can even find the game in any store since 3 stores i went to on lunch break yesterday were all sold out!@!#@!

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2007, 14:58 
Editors
Editors

Just to double check ... you have set it in the game to Widescreen 16:9 aspect or Auto ... then use hotkeys to adjust aspect.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2007, 18:03 

Yeah I used the legend and legend NG hacks and they worked the same way with no issues but this hack just doesn't work for me. In fact if I have the hack launched and then load tomb raider anniversary it usually crashes the game within seconds after hitting the * key. The hatred executable won't even launch the game and gives some kind of out of range error. I tried it on my work pc as well and it does the same thing there so it's not a pc issue. I also tried it on xp and vista and the same behavior on both. I don't mind buying the dvd copy of the game if i knew i wouldn't get the same behavior but i have already spent 30 bucks on the game once and don't want to double my cost and still get no triplehead action :)

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2007, 13:05 
Insiders
Insiders

if you upload your TRA exe somewhere for me to download i can take a look at why its not working.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2007, 03:05 

I sent you a PM racer. Thanks!

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2007, 22:07 

I've got the FOV hack working, but whenever i move the camera into a cetain position, the FOV goes back to normal, then when the camera becomes stationary again the FOV from the hack is re-applied! its virtually unplayable cos it keeps jumping between the two FOVs whenever I move the camera.

Has anybody else experienced this behavior - it didn't work like this in legend. I've tried using the exe of my bought game and the hatred one people mention above - same behavior! I have tried switching off all the special features - shadows, water etc. same behavior. I've got it set to widescreen 16:9 as per instructions.

Please help I'm desperate to get started on this game - although slightty gutted by the lack of next-gen graphics!!

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2007, 10:56 

I have almost played the whole game and never had this problem.
what is your game version?
Are all files writeable in the game dir?

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2007, 11:06 
Editors
Editors

Sorted the problem for him here ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=114489#114489

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2007, 11:07 

There's another posting on the focum where another guy originally posted the same problem. Paddy realised what was up and it turns out you need to use a cracked EXE from gamecopyworld. The one that comes with my bought game didn't work, causing the switching between the two FOV aspects.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2007, 11:21 

OK !
Yes I did read that 5 minutes ago! :idea:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next