Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 10:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2009, 13:10 

Hi all,

I recieved my TH2Go Digital yesterday and to put it bluntly I'm having a nightmare setting it up.

At first it installed fine but I could not display any resolution above 2400x600. Anything higher would result in blank displays or distorted images. This was with the default drivers and updated firmware.

I am using a gtx 285 so downloaded the beta GXM drivers for Vista. When the GXM Setup Wizard tries to find the TH2Go to complete the install I get either a 'Matrox Product Not Detected' error or a 'Retrieving Product Information' message which never goes away. I have tried using every USB port on my system but still no joy. I am starting to think my unit may be faulty but thought I'd ask you guys before giving up completely.

My specs are as follows:-

Q6600
4gb Ram
BFG GTX 285 1gb using 182.08 drivers
3x22'' monitors 1680x1050 res. 1xSamsung 2232bw, 2x AMW X2210WPS
Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Andrew

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2009, 20:19 

I would start by down grading to the 177.xx drivers that are known to work without issue at 3x 1680x1050. Then I would load the Matrox driver manually in Control Panel>displaysetting>advanced setting>monitor>Update driver, (driver should be in your Powerdesk directory) without using GXM or any other Matrox software. Once you get control panel to report your monitor is Matrox TH2Go Digital you are almost there. Uninstall Powerdesk then reinstall but dont install the widescreen resolutions, just go for 3840x1024 which works for just about everyone, and see if you can get that working. Then add the 5040x1050 resolution manually using the Nvidia Control Panel, if Powerdesk still fails to install widescreen mode properly.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2009, 00:26 

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is that with having the GTX 285 card I am stuck with the 180 or later drivers.

I actually almost had it working last night. I could get 2 of the monitors to display 5040x1050, but the right hand side monitor stayed blank. I could however go back to 4000ishx900 with no problems. This was working fine with several games. However, I booted up the PC today, the GXM settings were lost, and when I tried to run the GXM setup utility I got the same 'Matrox Product Not Detected' error.

I'm contemplating just uninstalling Vista 32 and going back to XP. Am I right to think though that XP doesn't support 5040x1050 in games?

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2009, 08:03 

Running xp with 5040x1050 right now.. I just had to make sure my firmware was updated and the latest gxm and all was good.. Why dont you try removing all the old stuff and just do a fresh install of the gxm software and make sure your firmware is up to date.. hah i think i just said the same thing 2x.. Oh well- you get the idea..

182.06 driver here..

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/10202

Just make sure you get rid of all the old stuff before you re-install the drivers, gxm software etc..

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2009, 22:21 

Quick update...

I thought that a lack of power might be the cause of these apparent connection dropouts to the TH2Go, so I went out and bought a powered USB hub. Now, I can get 3840x768 to work over 3 screens without the hub, but when connected through the hub only the centre monitor displays an image! I am starting to think that my power supply may be the culprit...

My PSU is an OCZ 500w StealthXtream. Will this be enough to run triplehead, several usb devices (G25 etc) and my GTX 285? DO you think upgrading the PSU will help?

Thanks..

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2009, 12:05 

Yup, what you say is probably the error. Can you unplug all your usb-devices, and then plug in the DTH2G? If that works then it is the power. Maybe then you can but a usb pci card if that is the problem?

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2009, 22:21 

Hi all,

Just another quick update. Well, after MUCH tinkering with custom resolutions I have got 5040x1050 on my desktop and in game, and not a new PSU in sight!

One last problem remains.. No matter how many times I uninstall the Powerdesk SE software, I cannot get it stable. I may get one or two boots where I can see the gxm setup menu with the bezel management settings but then it just goes back to the setup wizard and gives a message of 'matrox hardware not detected'.

Please help. Getting this thing to work is becoming an (unhealthy!) obsession. If you can help you may well be responsible for saving a marriage!

Thanks in advance,

Andrew