Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 03:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: id Super Pack: Wow!
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2007, 01:52 
Insiders
Insiders

Id Super Pack is a package now available on Steam with nearly all of id's games. I'd buy this right away if I didn't already own most of these games. For $63 ($70 once the promotion runs out), you get:

Commander Keen 1-5 (why not 6 and Keen Dreams too?)

Wolfenstein 3D (too bad Castle Wolfenstein and Beyond Castle Wolfenstein aren't included)
Spear of Destiny
Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Ultimate DOOM
DOOM II + Master Levels
Final DOOM
DOOM 3 + Resurrection of Evil

Heretic + Shadow of the Serpent Riders
Hexen + Deathkings of Dark Citadel
Hexen II (but no Portal of Praevus

Quake + Scourge of Armagon + Dissolution of Eternity
Quake II + Ground Zero + The Reckoning
Quake III + Team Arena
(Quake IV should be here but isn't)

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2007, 06:13 

Man thats awesome! I think I might have to get this. :)

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2007, 09:39 

Looks good to me. What would be even better, is if they remade the Hexen and Heretic games using the Source Engine. That would be SWEET.

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2007, 13:15 
Editors
Editors

Man, the only games listed there that I don't actually own are Heretic, Hexen and Hexen 2. :oops:

Although most of them have been bought in bundle packs or special deals over the years...

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2007, 18:42 

I think they are also missing Heretic 2.

I've played most of these games, but it would be nice to have them sitting in steam any time I want... then I don't have to go looking for them and install.. etc

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2007, 19:02 

Darn darn darn, i don't got a credit card so i can't buy games on steam, but i i like my games in a dvd case, i want to be able to reformat my computer, get toasted and lose my passwords or something. I want my games and cds in my bookshelf :P. This is nice though, for those who doesn't got that many id games and doesn't need to touch em.
I already got doom 3 + expansion pack, quake 1,2,3 and 4. :oops:

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2007, 03:34 

I think they are also missing Heretic 2.

I've played most of these games, but it would be nice to have them sitting in steam any time I want... then I don't have to go looking for them and install.. etc

Neither Heretic II nor Quake IV were developed or published by iD Software, which is probably why they're not included in the pack. I still have Hexen II on CD somewhere, maybe I should dust it off and give it a play again :P

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2007, 13:16 

[quote]I think they are also missing Heretic 2.

Neither Heretic II nor Quake IV were developed or published by iD Software, which is probably why they're not included in the pack. I still have Hexen II on CD somewhere, maybe I should dust it off and give it a play again :PI see, on the dvd case it says: A game by idsoftware.com, Developed by raven, Published by Activision. What does a game by idsoftware mean if they didn't do anything? :P

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2007, 16:36 

I see, on the dvd case it says: A game by idsoftware.com, Developed by raven, Published by Activision. What does a game by idsoftware mean if they didn't do anything? :P

Well technically it is partially by iD Software, since they did license the Doom 3 engine to Raven Software. Also they apparently supervised the development of the game.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2007, 18:28 

i like my games in a dvd case, i want to be able to reformat my computer, get toasted and lose my passwords or something. I want my games and cds in my bookshelf :P.

Those are all great reasons to use steam :D

Reformat your computer, all you need to do is install steam and put the username/password in.
Get Toasted? Having a house fire wont save your store bought games :P Only buying from steam will :D
Lose your password? Who loses their passwords? :P Do what i do, Put them in a text file. If you do lose your steam password you can always get it sent back to your email.