Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Oct 2024, 13:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2009, 17:10 

I have a couple of technical questions -
System
3 Monitors – (2) BenQ G2400WD, (1) BenQ FP241 – all of them support 1920 x 1200
2 GTX 285 in sli
Window Vista 64/Nvidia/TH2G
I have three monitors that are being recognized as one monitor, under display and in TH2G – called triplehead monitor - questions it is better to set up three displays, instead of one? it seems that when TH2G think it one monitor, I cannot switch to another resolution without rebooting

If I have to do three monitors, how do I reset it back from one to three in Vista/Nvidia?

The reason why I asking, how can I change my display on the fly when I play certain games without reboot my machine, every time via TH2G menu?

How can I get certain games to automatically adjust to the best widescreen image?

Example – when I play COD world at war, the widescreen format look lousy and I get eyestrain, no matter what the widescreen resolutions I choose, like 3840 x1024, etc, the image look lousy and blurry, - where the width or vertical seems compressed and I have change it back to a 1650 x 1050 to play it on one screen, so I can be able to play it. It seems to affect my FOV on my left and right monitors – where is look crunch.

However, when I play DoD in widescreen, using maxtor surround, the 3840 x 1024 looks great.

What is the best resolution to play widescreen if you cannot get 5040 x 1050 support, where the images look sharp and crisp? what do I do or look for to get a better FOV without it being blurry?

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2009, 18:25 

Here you will find fov fixes for some games like COD5, I just bought the game and played it last night at 5040x1050 and it looked great. Follow this link for game fixes, the one that Dopefish made for COD4 works for COD5 as well:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Essential_Games_List

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2009, 01:54 

Here you will find fov fixes for some games like COD5, I just bought the game and played it last night at 5040x1050 and it looked great. Follow this link for game fixes, the one that Dopefish made for COD4 works for COD5 as well:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Essential_Games_List

thanks for the link.. hopefully someone can come and answer some of my other questions.

:)