Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 04:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 81  Next
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2007, 21:19 

You seriously believe they are going to fix it? lol

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2007, 21:50 
Editors
Editors

Hope springs eternal... ;)

But on a more serious note, given some of the propaganda and bitter vitriol that some of the Bioshock people have spouted *cough*Ken Levine*cough* about the raising of the widescreen issue (despite the fact that I thought the widescreen community were mostly polite about it - it was the non-widescreen community that got abusive) I'm beginning to doubt it.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2007, 22:05 
Editors
Editors

... But on a more serious note, given some of the propaganda and bitter vitriol that some of the Bioshock people have spouted *cough*Ken Levine*cough* about the raising of the widescreen issue (despite the fact that I thought the widescreen community were mostly polite about it - it was the non-widescreen community that got abusive) I'm beginning to doubt it.
I wish I could have put it that well ... well said MR P !

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2007, 22:40 
Editors
Editors

[quote]... But on a more serious note, given some of the propaganda and bitter vitriol that some of the Bioshock people have spouted *cough*Ken Levine*cough* about the raising of the widescreen issue (despite the fact that I thought the widescreen community were mostly polite about it - it was the non-widescreen community that got abusive) I'm beginning to doubt it.
I wish I could have put it that well ... well said MR P !
To be honest, mate, you went through all the rigmarole of this whole issue from the start. You had far more patience with that than I would have had, or did. I'd have gotten bored and given up in disgust the minute threads started vanishing with the assumption that the devs and pubs didn't care, and therefore wouldn't wish my coin for future releases. ;)

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2007, 02:57 

I noticed yesterday in a News Agency (news stand) that the Australian edition PC PowerPlay (or was it PC Gamer) Magazine that a large BioShock in there mentioned the sucess of the game but also the two major problems that the community recognised, ie the Widescreen issue and the installation restrictions. The article even meantioned http://www.widescreengamingforums.com. PC Power Play didn't take sides on the issues, merely identified them as issues which says to me that they thought both sucked, otherwise they wouldn't have mentioned it. Or maybe they are just sitting on the fence not to offend thier sponsors and thier reading audience.

I was excited to see WSGF mentioned in my Australia homelands PC Gaming magazine.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2007, 10:48 

Even if they don't release a patch, I'll get it when it's bargain bin and use Racer_S'. I just don't want to support them if they don't properly patch it.

Valve put an FOV adjustment in TF2 today :)

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2007, 10:52 

Still waiting on the patch. I thought Ken said he was working with Racer to fix it or something? By the time this is fixed Ill be playing through Episode 2 and Portal. So damn mad that I bought it on Steam, or else I'd have returned it right away.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2007, 17:46 

I noticed yesterday in a News Agency (news stand) that the Australian edition PC PowerPlay (or was it PC Gamer) Magazine that a large BioShock in there mentioned the sucess of the game but also the two major problems that the community recognised, ie the Widescreen issue and the installation restrictions. The article even meantioned http://www.widescreengamingforums.com. PC Power Play didn't take sides on the issues, merely identified them as issues which says to me that they thought both sucked, otherwise they wouldn't have mentioned it. Or maybe they are just sitting on the fence not to offend thier sponsors and thier reading audience.

I was excited to see WSGF mentioned in my Australia homelands PC Gaming magazine.

Thats cool, I'll have to look at that.

As for Bioshock, I have played the game through on the 360 in Vert-. Couldn't wait for the patch... hehe

Awesome game indeed.. will most likely play it again when the patch comes out, thats if they patch the 360 version... maybe I'll have to get the PC version.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 00:58 
Insiders
Insiders

:?:

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 01:42 

http://kotaku.com/gaming/bioshock/360-bioshock-widescreen-fixed-in-next-update-321192.php

Patch incoming for 360 version.

Gee, I wonder what the writer of that quip thinks about the patch.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 81  Next