Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 07:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2008, 18:38 

That's what I thought. Just emailed Matrox with an RMA request, but I'm dreading the time and effort that will go into solving this... :(
Also I'm quite surprised the TH2Go can actually break, after all it has no moving parts, has always been stored in a RoHS bag when not in use, and the only current it ever as to deal with comes from the USB 2.0 controller... :?:
SS Devices can't have issues?

That's news to me...

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2008, 19:09 

[quote]

That's what I thought. Just emailed Matrox with an RMA request, but I'm dreading the time and effort that will go into solving this... :(
Also I'm quite surprised the TH2Go can actually break, after all it has no moving parts, has always been stored in a RoHS bag when not in use, and the only current it ever as to deal with comes from the USB 2.0 controller... :?:
SS Devices can't have issues?

That's news to me...

Well, I never said they can't have issues, but those are down to causality as much as any other device, and I can't see how my TH2Go randomly went from working to faulty, coincidentally at the same time as I changed my rig.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2008, 19:59 

Right, I've got it sorted, thanks to you guys' input. I eventually swapped my otherwise fully functional USB powered D-Link hub for a Belkin model I still had lying about, plugged the TH2Go USB cable in, and it worked!

Thank you guys for your help, I really appreciate it!

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2008, 21:19 

Wow it must be somewhat power hungry huh?

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2008, 21:53 

Wow it must be somewhat power hungry huh?

Got that right! Ah well, so glad I've got it up an running now though, all that's missing is a good game to challenge my cards. Unfortunately I already played through Fallout 3 and BiA:HH, both of which were fantastic! FarCry2, however, merely left a stale taste in my mouth, and Dead Space probably wont run @ 3840x1024 because it's EA... :twisted:

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2008, 23:39 

Dead Space probably wont run @ 3840x1024 because it's EA... :twisted:

See the Dead Space thread for a pleasant surprise.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2008, 00:27 

Holy Moly!!! :shock: :shock:

Well, once I get this baby installed, Space is gunna be a hella deader! 8)

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2008, 05:13 

Right, I've got it sorted, thanks to you guys' input. I eventually swapped my otherwise fully functional USB powered D-Link hub for a Belkin model I still had lying about, plugged the TH2Go USB cable in, and it worked!

See, try the simple things first! USB is always the weakest weak link.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2008, 12:56 

[quote]Right, I've got it sorted, thanks to you guys' input. I eventually swapped my otherwise fully functional USB powered D-Link hub for a Belkin model I still had lying about, plugged the TH2Go USB cable in, and it worked!

Abolsutely. But considering I had already exchanged the USB cable, tried all the USB ports available on my machine, AND used an apparently completely functional powered USB hub by a renowned company, it really was just luck of the draw...

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2008, 19:30 

[quote][quote]Right, I've got it sorted, thanks to you guys' input. I eventually swapped my otherwise fully functional USB powered D-Link hub for a Belkin model I still had lying about, plugged the TH2Go USB cable in, and it worked!

Abolsutely. But considering I had already exchanged the USB cable, tried all the USB ports available on my machine, AND used an apparently completely functional powered USB hub by a renowned company, it really was just luck of the draw...

I have a 3-way SLI setup, and it does the exact same thing as your picture shows if I'm using my HDTV (hooked up to the 2nd output on my top card) at 1080p, and then switch the TV off. The driver then tries to switch back to the TH2G output on it's own, using the same 1920x1080 rez. For whatever reason, it displays on the left monitor instead of the center, all garbled like in your pick. If I disconnect the TH2G and just plug my center monitor directly in to the gfx card, the picture comes back, in 1920x1080 just fine. I can then change back to my native 1920x1200, re-hook up the TH2G and all is well.

It seems more like the TH2G's problem w/ 1080p and the firmware (I have the display swap used to make the center monitor the primary display) than anything related to the 3-way sli, or even the nvidia drivers, but that's just my opinion. It's a pain sometimes, but I've learned the conditions that make it happen and just try to avoid it.

May not have anything to do w/ your issues, but when I saw that pic, I immediately recognized it and thought I'd share my own experiences.