Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Sep 2024, 18:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2010, 05:22 

Thanks for your tip! But it does not solve the problem when using the F-key.
It still expands to all screens when using the program "MaxTo".
It`s a shame Matrox can`t fix this problem...

Anyone who has tested if this problem exists on the new
ATI-cards that supports 3 to 6 screens?

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2010, 05:25 

Raising thread from the grave...

Using Win7 x64 and Photoshop CS4 x64/x86. Both run fine. Never used the fullscreen function, as I like having my tools accessible to me visually. But every time I exit the program, it crashes on exit. I managed to let it finally start up windowed. But it still crashes on exit. Never had this problem prior to going with Eyefinity. So something is definitely up.

EDIT: Okay, so my assumption is a tad premature when I posted this. After managing to actually getting Photoshop CS4 to start in windowed mode and do a bit of tinkering, I quit and it didn't crash on me on exit. So getting the window sized to a single screen is at least a work-around.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2010, 15:20 

Hi,

Glad someone dug this up as i also have a vested interest in this topic, its one of the few on my watchlist.

I hope they patch this (doubtful) and i doubt itll work on the Eyefinity 6 screens if it doesnt work on the th2go 3 screens. Im no expert though..

I dont use fullscreen mode myself that often.. But recently i noticed it does work for me, Vista 64bit, cs4.. 5040x1050 res.

What i still hate/does not work is the curved-corner UI they're using which is imcompatible with my powerdesk and maximizes to all 3 screens.. and the fact the UI seems a bit buggy overall.

cheers

I'm sure itll be fixed by cs7 ... so we only have to wait four versions, the problem is i wont be forking out for every version inbetween ;) not at the rate they bring out new versions anyway.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2010, 07:04 

I think this also occurs with itunes.

Digging this up from the grave to report the same issue. iTunes will only maximize on the far left monitor, and if it isn't in the left monitor it resizes past the monitor bezel (due to the start menu being on the far left).

Anyone have a workaround yet?

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2011, 21:23 

Hello there guys,

I have registered just to let ybou know the solution that I found on this long lasting photoshop fullscreen issue :-)

Default Matrox PowerDesk will not help you, same as writing to adobe or matrox and even the nice and small app called MaxTo is useless for this..
You need to download a program called http://www.splitview.com/

Configure your resolution/split area in there so it will maximize applications as your PowerDesk before.
Start your photoshop (in my case I tested this with cs3 and cs5 and win7 64bit) open something and go to desired fullscreen mode.
It will still fullscreen opened document to all your monitors BUT here comes the good part, press Windows_key+Left or Right_arrow and it will move the whole fullscreen photoshop to your left or right monitor :wink: and thats it! it will stay fullscreen and on your prefered monitor untill you change the fullscreen again, then you will have to again press the winkey+left/right_arrow but it still better than have the document opened across all the screens.

There was one small issue that I had that when I first pressed the winkey+arrow it wont move the photoshop to left or right screen, but it just moved it a few pixels left or right. In this case you can just grab the border that will appear and scale it manualy while the document is in fullscreen :D This only happened once right after installation and after restart it worked like like described above..

hope this helps somebody as it did to me

btw pic attached:

btw i use triplehead2go but only have 2 monitors