Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Sep 2024, 03:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: GTA IV in TripleHead ...
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 14:19 

Paddy, stupid question, I assume you ran the test on your Top Monster PC with the Q 9770 and the SLi 280's.

Could you, would you mind running the test on your Mini Monster PC with Q6600 and the SLi 8800's. Aas this system closely represents mine. Dual 8800 O'Clocked.

Thanks for this if you have time of course.
RKip 8)

Post subject: GTA IV TH wont work
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 14:51 

Help I got the game and cant get it to work above 1600*900 at any aspect ratio...anyone else having this issue ?

Post subject: Re: GTA IV TH wont work
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 16:07 
Insiders
Insiders

Help I got the game and cant get it to work above 1600*900 at any aspect ratio...anyone else having this issue ?

add "-norestrictions" to your shortcut command line. Keep in mind you have to have RGSC already running for it to work, and hitting the 'Play' button on RGSC window won't enable it. So from scratch, yo ahve to run it twice. Once to start RGSC andn again to start the game.

Pretty stupid, but it works. You should now be able to choose any resolution you monitor can handle. This settings also will let you select "high:" texture, if you cun't already.

Oh and you have to logged in to RSGC as well.

there are more commands on page 2 or 3 of the "GTA and more and more" thread.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 16:24 

Nice one will give it a try later :D

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 23:10 

That worked a treat thankyou :D

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2011, 03:38 

Rise, rise from the dead my pretty thread :P Things I've learned about GTA 4 vs triple SLI through trial and error so far:

Triple SLI does work but its roughly the same FPS for me as single card...but I can jack up the pre-rendered frames to 6 and despite the FPS bottoming into the twenties at rare points it feels very smooth the entire time.

I'm using 3x280s, 3840x1024 and patch 7 with very high reflections, high everything else, precision and vsync on and '60' draw distances. I'm also using the RealityIV 1.62 mod which really pushes up the detail and its most taxing state seems to be in heavy rain which is where I bottom into the 20s going across a bridge full of traffic with two islands worth of buildings being drawn across the river's water.

Beyond raising the pre-rendered frames to 6 I found ensuring the 'Prefer max performance' was set otherwise it'd really stutter even with single GPU and drop triple FPS into the single digits, also I found 3-GPU Alt frame 2 was the better performer of the SLI settings. This is using the 260.99 driver since it seems the current WHQL has a fun little issue of the nvidia service lagging out people's systems if they're using triple SLI, and the latest Beta is well not all that hot either for other games.

CPU wise the game is barely touching it, eating 80% of one thread running at 4.7Ghz (go go sandybridge!)