Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Oct 2024, 04:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009, 08:04 

Shintsu, I got a few sentences into your rant response and realized it's not worth reading in it's entirety. You obviously can't seem to respond maturely to a person's opinions or the mention of easily found specs on gear, nor do you realize how ridiculous you yourself sound when making such comments mocking the specs I mentioned, which are fact. That you can't handle hearing them is your problem, not mine. I have also seen others convey the exact same opinions I did of the Z5500s, they're not perfect by a long shot, and when I say I've compared them by ear I'm not BSing anyone. With the price point they have it's easy to see there's not a lot that goes into them.

As for the Energy subs, stores like Good Guys, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc, are full of subwoofers that are not only not any better than the one in the S700 set, they quite often end up getting blown due to customers believing they are. You need to get a grip on reality, or just let others speak their mind without having a hissy fit. I know all about your reputation at Filefront forums, wearing out your welcome with staff and others whom have offered great insight and grew tired of your indecision and repeated rants in response to facts you can't seem to handle hearing, so don't test me.

You've only been here a short while and you're already up to your old tricks. How many people even respond to you at Filefront anymore? I think you know why. If you keep it up you'll burn some bridges here too.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009, 13:24 

If you can afford the rest of that setup, I'd suggest an actual home-theatre setup, with proper receiver full-range speakers. Finding a good amp is the hard part, speakers can be pieced together pretty easily.

Home Theatre would be great but that´s something I will be using in my living room instead of "computer" room / place

My computer will mainly be used for gaming

For watching tv, dvd´s, Blu-Ray I prefer the tv in the living room with actual Home Theatre

Don´t get me wrong, the speakerset for my computer has to be good
But not as good as for the living room were it is much more important to me

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009, 22:07 

Shintsu, I got a few sentences into your rant response and realized it's not worth reading in it's entirety. You obviously can't seem to respond maturely to a person's opinions or the mention of easily found specs on gear, nor do you realize how ridiculous you yourself sound when making such comments mocking the specs I mentioned, which are fact. That you can't handle hearing them is your problem, not mine. I have also seen others convey the exact same opinions I did of the Z5500s, they're not perfect by a long shot, and when I say I've compared them by ear I'm not BSing anyone. With the price point they have it's easy to see there's not a lot that goes into them.

As for the Energy subs, stores like Good Guys, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc, are full of subwoofers that are not only not any better than the one in the S700 set, they quite often end up getting blown due to customers believing they are. You need to get a grip on reality, or just let others speak their mind without having a hissy fit. I know all about your reputation at Filefront forums, wearing out your welcome with staff and others whom have offered great insight and grew tired of your indecision and repeated rants in response to facts you can't seem to handle hearing, so don't test me.

You've only been here a short while and you're already up to your old tricks. How many people even respond to you at Filefront anymore? I think you know why. If you keep it up you'll burn some bridges here too.

Because you don't seem capable of understanding they don't rate them the same way. That is why you see monitors like the Acer G24 that say they're 50,000:1 contrast ratio. Sure, it's a fact - based on what testing? They're using a different scale. Creative is the same way, they are using a different scale because in the same way 50,000:1 is not possible in a 24" LCD panel, that kind of wattage is not possible in that size and weight box (50,000:1 we're getting into Plasma territory, no way LCD though). Yet I try to convey this to you, and you insult my knowledge by telling me what MY ears hear in these speakers is wrong. Guess what - YOU don't know what I hear and I know WAY more people who agree that the Z-5500s are excellent and way less who like crappy Creative speakers. I'm sorry, but Creative speakers have always sounded awful to me.

You're bringing up price point? Creative is king of cheap shitty speakers, Logitech at least makes decent lower price point speakers. You know people huh? No you don't, you know websites where some dumbshit made up trash about speakers he probably doesn't own and ends their review with a comment like "Creative FTW!" or some shit. These speakers are high quality, unlike your run of the mill Creative setup. More goes into them than those cheapass lousy S700s. I wouldn't give you a dollar for those speakers.

You're making things up about my speakers, blatant lies. Why would I let you get away with bad mouthing my speakers when the OP was asking what speakers to get between yours and mine? You're giving a very false impression that these speakers are of a different quality than the truth. Christ, you must let people just change your opinion based solely on what someone else says. How sad that you're not strong willed enough to have your own opinion, you've never owned a set so you don't know anything about them. I've had Creative speakers, I know they're bad. You're going on a crappy setup in the store which is the poorest representation of any product save for a laptop or desktop computer.

Circuit City is bankrupt so now an invalid reference, Good Guys I've never heard of, Best Buy carries mediocre equipment. It's all consumer grade trash. If you think Best Buy is the place to buy audio equipment, buy some Bose shit - that's "high quality" too :roll:. Blown subs are 99% the result of dumbasses who don't know when to turn it the hell down. If the sub doesn't have lots of bass, DON'T TURN IT UP MORE. If at full volume and moderate volume on the receiver the subwoofer is not producing much bass, that means it's weak. Trust me, I compared a Polk PSW650 to this Energy AS-180 and the Energy was far superior. My Logitech 10" sub is decent compared to the Polk. Therefore, given the size and TRUE wattage of subwoofers your Creative subwoofer will produce very weak low end bass. I'm sorry, but it's the truth - I've seen cars with one 8" woofer in them and they're just sorry. Anything less than 10" has trouble producing low low bass and that being the point of a subwoofer makes them essentially useless.

Filefront is full of asswipes. I ask simple questions, and those dumbshits don't know anything. It's like DURRR I dunno but I can help compare stupid fucking video cards HUR HUR. I don't know why I even bother asking technical questions when I get people like Pilla who are ENTIRELY incapable of common logic. Too many folks there simply lack the ability to provide unbiased assistance. You're going to think I'm being biased here, but I've heard Creative speakers (and well more than one set and none of them were what I'd call cheap) but you started in on 100% lies about my speakers so obviously truth and honesty aren't very important to you in recommending your speakers. You'll just lie and mud fling whatever someone suggests unless it's your speakers.

Please note, I'd gladly recommend the Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 setup as well as my Z-5500s. Unlike you, I'm aware there are other nice sounding speakers. Creative doesn't make them though, that much I'm certain of. Again, as far as options on NEW speakers - the Z-5500s are the only choice the OP will have.

Don't lie and make trouble and then blame me for responding to it. Stop slandering my speakers for the sake of your old outdated speakers.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009, 23:13 

Another post that doesn't justify reading in it's entirety, mentioning contrast ratios and wattages that you somehow, for no apparent reason, believe are not possible, and for utterly absurd reasons concerning the Creative sub I mentioned. Hmmm, could it be your denial instead? You have a history of naivety about these things to the point of pestering people with repeated questions, only to argue their advice, then finally make a decision you end up regretting based on your own stubborn unwillingness to admit you in fact do have some things to learn about what you ask. After all, why ask in the first place if you don't?

The response post you just made trying to pawn off the Viewsonic VX2025wm you just bought on someone after making a thread asking for advice on what monitor to buy, resisting every suggestion offered, is just one example. I find it laughable that you are so in need of suggestions, resist all sound advice given, repeatedly make decisions you regret, then go on to act like you're capable of advising people on purchases as you did in that response. It's clearly to make it look like they're buying from an informed person vs the opposite. If you're going to ask advice, at least respect it. If you going to make decisions in ignorance of that advice, live with the consequences rather than expecting someone else to pay for your own mistake.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2009, 01:52 

Another post that doesn't justify reading in it's entirety, mentioning contrast ratios and wattages that you somehow, for no apparent reason, believe are not possible, and for utterly absurd reasons concerning the Creative sub I mentioned. Hmmm, could it be your denial instead? You have a history of naivety about these things to the point of pestering people with repeated questions, only to argue their advice, then finally make a decision you end up regretting based on your own stubborn unwillingness to admit you in fact do have some things to learn about what you ask. After all, why ask in the first place if you don't?

The response post you just made trying to pawn off the Viewsonic VX2025wm you just bought on someone after making a thread asking for advice on what monitor to buy, resisting every suggestion offered, is just one example. I find it laughable that you are so in need of suggestions, resist all sound advice given, repeatedly make decisions you regret, then go on to act like you're capable of advising people on purchases as you did in that response. It's clearly to make it look like they're buying from an informed person vs the opposite. If you're going to ask advice, at least respect it. If you going to make decisions in ignorance of that advice, live with the consequences rather than expecting someone else to pay for your own mistake.

Okay, you buy a 50,000:1 contrast ratio on a cheap ass 24" Acer monitor? Wow, talk about gullible. Hey, I've got a pair of GPX speakers that are 5,000 watt a speaker - I bet you buy that too? Christ, don't you see manufacturers do that just to compete against other manufacturers for idiot consumers who buy up anything they tell them? They're all inflated specs. Look at the contrast ratio on monitors that actually excel visually - say the Apple monitors. They have like an 800:1 contrast ratio. Hell, I see non-stop monitors at Best Buy claiming 2,000:1. The Viewsonic I have is 800:1, the excellent Samsung 244T I'm using has a 1,000:1 contrast ratio and looks great. Because these monitors are realistic figures, not BS figures that almost all manufacturers push.

It's called I'm intelligent and objective - you're gullible and sheepish. Just follow the shepherd, follow the crowd. I could never see having such a mentality. You'd believe anything these sellers would tell you, nevermind the fact they have to sell the product to you. They'll say whatever will make you buy it - using padded and inaccurate stats are among their bag of tricks.

You're referring to when I asked advice for an LCD on the other forums. I said between TN, PVA, and IPS what is what I'm looking for. I did personal research and found PVA and IPS offer what I want - TN does not. So what do I get? Heckled for paying too much on a monitor and told I should just buy a TN because some idiot says he doesn't see those flaws in his monitor and refuses to believe others have higher quality requirements than he does. So of course I get a little pissed when I have to defend my decision to buy a PVA/IPS monitor and never a TN. I hadn't actually said TN is a shitty technology even though it is, but I had to hear it non-stop despite doing research that he did not do.

So when I ask advice, I expect it within the guidelines of my damn question. It's like saying "What's the best roadster for me?" and suggesting a pickup truck and continuing to do so after I respond with reasons specifically stating why that is not what I'm looking for. Your advice and opinion is therefore null and void and I don't care what you've got to say because it's totally irregardless of my inquiry. I don't have anything to learn about what I ask, not on what technology LCD I prefer and would recommend. I did the research and I know that TNs are utter trash that no one should settle for - merely a sad thing that people are forced to in most cases. You want to tell me that a weak ass 8" subwoofer is going to produce bass better than or even EQUAL to a 12" subwoofer of higher grade quality - that alone takes all reasonable creditability you might have had and throws it out. Size doesn't mean everything but there are limits to size and 8" woofers just can't produce low quality bass like a 12". SIZE is the LIMITATION - even two 8" woofers won't produce bass like one 10". The Polk PSW650 I compared had two 10" woofers and the Energy has one 12" - the Polk lacked the low end that the Energy has due to SIZE LIMITATIONS. God, why bother you can't even grasp this concept...

Pawn off? Like I'm a bad person for trying to sell someone who wants a monitor one that fits their criteria. Better than any monitor I've seen for the same price. I'm in need of no one's suggestions, the hell gives you that false impression? I've long since learned (at least on FF) that no one knows much as far as suggestions go so I stop wasting the time posting questions. Idiot, I didn't regret buying that Viewsonic - I found this Samsung 244T which is 4" larger for $300, well within my price range and a rare opportunity that I had to jump on (especially given the monitor cost $1,000 new). The Viewsonic is a fantastic monitor, the only thing it lacks that I like this monitor for more - size. You pay for size, I have the money, and so that's what I did.

Again, you come up with some utter bullshit nonsense out of thin air that you think is true. Obviously you know NOTHING. If I had the desk room I would dual screen with the Viewsonic, but I purchased this Samsung on the pretense the money I just spent on it could be gotten back out selling it making the cost of this new monitor much lower. I have no cash at present because this Samsung was a spur of the moment thing, I didn't expect to find something like this. I would've used the Viewsonic for much much longer until the time this same event occured. But again, reason and logic are not strong points of yours since you can't grasp why 8" woofers aren't as good as 12" woofers and that manufacturers use different scales and testing guides to give their monitors "pretty" specs which make them sound good despite the actual honesty of the matter...

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2009, 03:46 

Do you really think I read your marathon posts full of gibberish? I have better things to do than argue with someone that asks for help, refuses to listen to it, then goes around on the same forum trying to sell what he mistakenly bought.

Furthermore you best stop with the cheap insults. There's nothing sheepish about me, and if anyone's gullible, it's the one making the bad purchase decisions. You're new here and you've already been warned about your foul mouth the first week you've participated. I'd pay attention to that if I were you.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2009, 03:59 

Do you really think I read your marathon posts full of gibberish? I have better things to do than argue with someone that asks for help, refuses to listen to it, then goes around on the same forum trying to sell what he mistakenly bought.

Furthermore you best stop with the cheap insults. There's nothing sheepish about me, and if anyone's gullible, it's the one making the bad purchase decisions. You're new here and you've already been warned about your foul mouth the first week you've participated. I'd pay attention to that if I were you.

Stop taking the cheap way out and not reading my posts because you're lazy. I answered your non-sense reasons, if you're too apathetic to read them then don't say anything at all.

If you'd read my post you'd see I answered your silly little reason for selling the damn monitor (not that I have anything to prove to you, I know the monitor is perfect I just found a bigger one so whatever you want to tell yourself...). I wouldn't be talking about making bad purchase decisions owning a set of Creative speakers that cost way too much btw...

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2009, 04:06 
Insiders
Insiders

In b4 lock...

again...

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2009, 17:43 
Editors
Editors

Well, I can see you guys had some fun while I was busy...

Jurgen, I hope we helped you with your original question. If you've got any more, either make a new thread, or PM me and I'll open this one again for any other questions you might have.

Locked.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2009, 07:45 
Editors
Editors

Nice job PS, beat me to it! Hammertime?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7