Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 10:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2009, 15:57 
Insiders
Insiders

Be sure to get arms that can handle the weight, and then some.

But they sure are nice...

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 05:05 

For these stands you have to be careful that your monitors, without base, are within the weight range. If the monitor is too light the gas lift might send them skywards against the stops.

For example, for the EVO 5645 we have 3 different sub models:
2.1 - 5.3 kg (Model number 5645-250N)
5.9 - 8.5 kg (Model number 5645-350N)
5.9 - 9.5 kg (Model number 5645-450N)

After purchase there is an adjustment procedure (video) to tune the stands to your particular weight.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2009, 08:10 

HowlingBlue--- i didnt read all the posts here but so might have been answered.. I have 3 22"ers on my lx also-- i just built a spacer and got longer bolts to latch down the arm mount for the center screen, and works great.. Needs to be about a 1" to 1.5"s thicker.. Though i will say- i wish i had made it more like 2"s..

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2009, 08:54 
Founder
Founder

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. Got busy/side-tracked.

* What I ended up doing to load the three monitors are the arm was to mount the center one, and then slide the arm all the way to the bottom (while sitting it on the floor). Then I added the left and the right. This way the tip was almost non-existent.

* I think it was a function of the torsion in the arm. The weight of the monitors caused a slight bend/twist in the arm. With my new 22" widescreens, I used some cardboard shims and got the monitors within 1/16". Bigger monitors, further out on the arms, so I'd say it's something that can be overcome. I don't have any experience with the TripleLift. The arm just looked sturdier from the pictures.

Ibrin, I had previously skimmed passed your review as I'm a tenant and therefore not interested in wall mounting. However, your review is instructive for my situation as:

* You described getting the monitors off your desk as "life changing". That shows that even if I'm not interested in a wall mount I'm probably not going to be interested in using the original monitor stands or sitting them on a desk. Clearing one's desk as much as possible seems desirable.
* Your warning, for a triple mount, to get a second person when mounting the outer monitors is important. I wonder whether another workaround, if one doesn't have access to another human, is to lie the monitors face down on the carpet?
* A triple monitor stand might have alignment problems:

[quote]I have yet to get all three monitors to line up perfectly. The largest issue is that the outer monitors sit about an 1/8" lower than the center. I believe this is because the monitor arms are torquing (twisting) down slightly, causing the monitor to drop. It's not a big issue, and is really only evident when starting at the Windows desktop.

Is this a flaw in the DS-100 which the LX triple lift does not have?

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2009, 12:34 

Im building my own stand for 4 monitors, so if you are interested please check it out at Bit-Tech http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=1937322&posted=1#post1937322