Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 15:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Modern WarFAIL 2
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 08:45 

[quote]4 some odd hours of singleplayer content :(

Is that amount of gameplay worth the extra $10 from a standard priced game Velvet?

Just to put it in perspective thats how long it took you to complete some of the fallout 3 DLC that was $10 on its own. :/
Portal and HL2 Episode 1 were only 4 hours long and they both were priced accordingly at $20 each standalone.

I have 4 hours in at the moment and am only on mission 9 or 10 out of 18 I think, so it is longer than 4 hours... that is one of those common "OMG IT'S SO SHORT" things where people make up times.

Also, I am a firm believer in quality over quantity... Doom 3 was 20 hours long but I was ready to be done halfway through, same with Farcry 2. Shooters shouldn't be that long, and MW2 like its predecessor packs in so much awesome to 6 or so hours it makes your jaw fly open.

Also, I plan to play through it again on Veteran difficulty, which takes much longer, and again on easy mode to hunt for intel.

Also, this game has SpecOPS mode with singleplayer and coop challenges with 69 stars to earn and tons of achievements.

So yeah, even without multiplayer, well worth $60... probably more than that.

More than 60? Don't think that is possible, can it be worth more than another game that is 50? What is this game being compared too?

"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 10:37 

More than 60? Don't think that is possible, can it be worth more than another game that is 50? What is this game being compared too?

It's being compared to my enjoyment level of the game compared to the money I am spending, which is the only comparison that matters.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 11:53 

Also, I am a firm believer in quality over quantity...

Not according to the number of your post/thread contributions lately. :lol:

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 12:50 

Pfffttt... wow i'm not surprised that 9v9 works with "listen servers" i'd guess you could get a steady 120ms ping for everyone if you're all in the same general suburb...

That's not the point.

No dedicated = no 64 player server, no mods, stuck with IW.net

It's these other things as well, not just the quality (i.e. pings) of MP that will be lacking.

Who's to say IW don't pull IWnet P2P matchmaking when COD7/8 comes out cause IWnet isn't balanced for 2 matchmaking services?

I am not buying this game, and I am not pirating this game.

My money, instead, has gone to: Risen, Borderlands, L4D2 (maybe... waiting for reviews), DA:O

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 13:14 

Pfffttt... wow i'm not surprised that 9v9 works with "listen servers" i'd guess you could get a steady 120ms ping for everyone if you're all in the same general suburb...

That's not the point.

No dedicated = no 64 player server, no mods, stuck with IW.net

It's these other things as well, not just the quality (i.e. pings) of MP that will be lacking.

Who's to say IW don't pull IWnet P2P matchmaking when COD7/8 comes out cause IWnet isn't balanced for 2 matchmaking services?

I am not buying this game, and I am not pirating this game.

My money, instead, has gone to: Risen, Borderlands, L4D2 (maybe... waiting for reviews), DA:O

Right on man. I aint buying, pirating (why would ya waste the download limit/2c DVD disk), finding, pizzing on if on fire, whiping my bottom with, using as a coaster etc etc. Now where is my firestick, wooden cross, and nosed tied rope?

Seriously, client side servers aint for a sparse country like Australia either. Bugger em IW and whoever else associated.

Here we come BadCompany2! Yeah baby!

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 13:19 
Editors
Editors

Well, to be fair, I got about 6 hours out of the SP campaign in CoD:MW. No idea about the exact timing but it was all complete in one evening. While this goes back a bit, Max Payne 2 was similar - whole game complete in one evening, about five or six hours. Heavy scripting meant no replay value. MP holds little to no interest for me, so that's worthless as far as I'm concerned.

I was never boycotting this game as I had no interest in it anyway. I was fortunate enough to play the campaign of MW at a friends, so I didn't spend £30 on a single evenings' entertainment. :)

For those who bought it... enjoy your game. I hope that in a few weeks/months you still think it was worth the increased cost, when it's exactly the same then as it is now (barring potentially expensive DLC)... ;)

For those who wanted it, but have refused to buy it, and haven't pirated it... good for sticking to your guns. Proud of ya. 8)

For those who pirated it... mention it on the forums and get an insta-ban. :twisted:

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 13:29 

[quote] Also, I am a firm believer in quality over quantity...

And this post was better? Pointless AND offending, you got one up on me!

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 13:35 
Editors
Editors

Johnny, play nice now. ;)

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 14:07 

[quote][quote] Also, I am a firm believer in quality over quantity...

And this post was better? Pointless AND offending, you got one up on me!

It appears you have met the elusive JohnnyWakko his most famous skill is using sarcasm to aid in pissing people off ;)

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 19:03 

For those who bought it... enjoy your game. I hope that in a few weeks/months you still think it was worth the increased cost, when it's exactly the same then as it is now (barring potentially expensive DLC)... ;)

For those who wanted it, but have refused to buy it, and haven't pirated it... good for sticking to your guns. Proud of ya. 8)

For those who pirated it... mention it on the forums and get an insta-ban. :twisted:

I only ever play a game for a couple weeks to a couple months at most and I'd be happy stating that I'm in the majority of people who would be purchasing this game.

I played the original MW for 2-3 months I think it was. Went back to it for a couple weeks when some friends who hadn't played it before wanted to play some MP with someone who wouldn't pop them from across the map before they could even get their bearings but other than that, haven't touched it.

Fact of the matter is this, yes dedicated servers would be better but boycotting it isn't going to change anything, not when the majority of their profits are coming from people who are buying it on console or people like me who the changes don't affect. All that happens is that they miss out on a really well put together game. The single player experience, despite how short it is was definitely worth the cost of the game on it's own in my opinion.

As for paying for any future DLC, I've paid for DLC for other games and if the DLC for MW2 is of the same quality as this game release, then I'm happy parting with my money.

EDIT:
I bought Borderlands on 360 and PC and MW2 is definitely a better game than it and I'll be playing MW2 longer than I played Borderlands for. A week after having Borderlands, finished it with all characters, got all my characters to level cap, found some crazy loot and am no longer interested in playing it due to lack of any story and "PvP" being plagued with people who use HEX'd weapons (I've used HEX editor but don't use it with other people except friends who are aware that I'm using HEX'd items).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 31  Next