Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Oct 2024, 13:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009, 10:57 

I have ATI mobility radeon HD4650 and I was originally using Vista home prem 32 bit. Few days ago I have installed Windows7 ultimate 64bit.

My problem: every game i installed is opening in 4:3 ratio, and some games does not have widescreen option (ie. cs 1.5) so i cannot switch widescreen mode or stretch the game.

How can I start the games widescreen, is there an option for graphics card ?

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009, 13:57 

I tried to change the aspect ratio on Colin Mcrae Dirt but it does not work. The screen is still cut from the sides...

HELP!!! :(

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009, 15:22 

I tried to change the aspect ratio on Colin Mcrae Dirt but it does not work. The screen is still cut from the sides...

HELP!!! :(

as seen in the games master list
(available from the menu on your right, but I'll give you the link just in case you don't find it : http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Master_Games_List_-_C )

Dirt has native widescreen support...

you could also check out the detailed report here : http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/8104

and here you'll see in the first post that this applies to v1.2 of the game so you might want to check that you have at least this version of the game, otherwise update it
then just change the ingame resolution to your native one or any other with the same aspect ratio ...

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009, 18:04 

I have solved Dirt. However, my main problem is, at first launch after installation, all games are in 4:3 aspect ratio and unless I don't change from options, the screen sidea are cut.

I am a cs 1.5 player and it does not have widescreen resolution option. So, I cannot play or stretch the game to full screen.

I gave my graphics card model and drivers are up to date. I think its default settings cause all of the problems.

I wonder how I can change these settings. or do you have a better solution?

Thx...

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009, 18:33 
Editors
Editors

or do you have a better solution?

Thx...

Have you checked the essential games list ?

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Essential_Games_List

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009, 19:08 

[quote] or do you have a better solution?

Thx...

Have you checked the essential games list ?

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Essential_Games_List

This is for Half Life (Steam Version):
Go to SteamAppshalf-lifevalve, and open autoexec.cfg. Add this line to it:
default_fov xxx

I recommend 100 for 16:10 monitors and 105 for 16:9 monitors (default is 90).

I think my half life is not steam version i couldn't find the directory above, only find an autoexec.cfg file. but it was empty. although i ve entered the command i did not affect anything.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009, 19:14 
Editors
Editors

Well i dont play CS but i found this info :

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=121370&highlight=counter#121370

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009, 19:23 

I have solved Dirt. However, my main problem is, at first launch after installation, all games are in 4:3 aspect ratio

lol sorry but that's really funny !
it's all pretty normal behavior, the first thing to do in a PC game is to go in the options and set it up for your liking/hardware ...
it's not a console ;)

and unless I don't change from options, the screen sidea are cut.

that's because your screen & driver are keeping the aspect ratio of the resolution, which depending on point of view can be a good thing....(edit: I, actually setup my screen to display unscaled resolutions only. that way I don't have to deal with ugly scaling nor ugly stretching ... but I have black bars with some games which don't support 1680x1050)
it's like the black bars for 16:9 movies on a 4:3 TV ...

if your screen is DVI equipped, your ATI gfx card should have an option for default stretching to native res, look in the Catalyst Control Center.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009, 20:37 

I have been digging catalyst center for 2-3 days and jsut found from hot keys manager "toggle internal panel scaling modes". When I use this key i could finally made it widescreen . :D finally....

Thx all for ur help.