Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 23:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 05:22 

Thank you very much dopefish.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 06:58 

Then it's only the question of fixing the fov and why did iw have to be such a bunch of donkeys?

I mean come on at least allow it in sp.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 07:09 

Just some answers:

1. Steam & retail exactly the same, buying the DVD version just aves your DL limit.
2. You can install Steam games on as many of your PCs as you want. There are even games that have Steam Cloud, holding all your settings and save games online so you don't even need to transfer those (L4D2).
3. A VAC ban will, from my research, only ban you from the actual game so you won't lose the rest of your Steam games... this is not definite but I am pretty sure.

I used it all last night with no errors/bans/spankings from VAC (although I bloody tried the SP and I get a crash every 20 mins or so Grrrrrr; nothing to do with the fixer, the SP is just unstable on my PC... the only thing)

1. There is no download limits on steam, I could download and delete a game 50 times a week and I would be fine :D That's why steam is the digital download platform of my choice.
2. Yep; so you can install the game on as many PC's as you want, you just have to log into the steam account that has a copy of that game on it.
3. The only games to use VAC aside from MW2 AFAIK are valves games. If you get banned in a Source game, you're banned in all source games. If you get banned in a GoldSrc game you're banned in all goldsrc games. Judging from that you probably wont get your other games banned but still, that banned MW2 will forever be on your account and your profile will say "VAC bans on record"

why did iw have to be such a bunch of donkeys?

I was wondering this maybe dopefish can provide some insight.
Why do they have a separate cvar for aspect ratio? Can't they just divide the aspect ratio to get it, and then it would always be correct and one less thing for users to fuck around with? And do you have any idea on how the math might look for the fov function?

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 07:18 

Anyone know how to make a bat to launch with the cfg?

Like that ltx error from Stalker?

Tried

@echo off
copy config.cfg players
start iw4sp.exe

and puting the cfg in the mw2 main directory, but it say steam must be running. Ahh i'm geting to dumb to play on a pc....

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 07:26 
Insiders
Insiders

1. There is no download limits on steam, I could download and delete a game 50 times a week and I would be fine :D That's why steam is the digital download platform of my choice....
I meant your personal ISP DL limit, mine is 10GB, and I pay 12$NZ for each 10GB I go over, so the price of DLing Steam games goes into my money calcs ;)

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 07:31 

[quote]1. There is no download limits on steam, I could download and delete a game 50 times a week and I would be fine :D That's why steam is the digital download platform of my choice....
I meant your personal ISP DL limit, mine is 10GB, and I pay 12$NZ for each 10GB I go over, so the price of DLing Steam games goes into my money calcs ;)

Ah yes thats horrible :( I have a 100GB limit, but thankfully they just shut you off if you go too high. (I've been up to 250GB :lol:)

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 14:06 

[quote][quote]1. There is no download limits on steam, I could download and delete a game 50 times a week and I would be fine :D That's why steam is the digital download platform of my choice....

Ah yes thats horrible :( I have a 100GB limit, but thankfully they just shut you off if you go too high. (I've been up to 250GB :lol:)

I got myself true unlimited here :)
Think this is the last or one of the last UK companies to do so. Most have hidden changes recently :/

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 18:06 
Insiders
Insiders

So who wants to post some more picts of MW2 in Triplehead goodness?

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 19:00 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]1. There is no download limits on steam, I could download and delete a game 50 times a week and I would be fine :D That's why steam is the digital download platform of my choice....

Ah yes thats horrible :( I have a 100GB limit, but thankfully they just shut you off if you go too high. (I've been up to 250GB :lol:)Well it is a reasonable price considering, here in NZ, that every packet from the net is hand (well hoof) delivered by a sheep!

ADSL2+ is rolling out now, thankfully, and the packages are changing..I'll be upto 30GB soon, for the same price ;)

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 19:23 

Thanks, dopefish, your fix works like a charm.
But dam, I was able to play only one chapter. When I tried to play next, the game crashed right at the start of the loader screen with status bar. Someunknown DX error. Seems that everything is ok, when a blank black screen is shown while loading, and crash when an intro is shown while loading.
Anyone has such a problem? I am using SoftTH

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 31  Next