Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Oct 2024, 05:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2009, 19:15 

Finally got my Fanatec wheel been waiting months and months. Figured I would post some screens, waiting on my adapter from dell so I can run some pc games in Eyefinity.

By the way this wheel is AMAZING I used to have a G25 and this thing blows it out of the water.

If you like racing games you should look into this wheel. Plus this wheel is Multi Platform PC, 360, and PS3.

Forza 3

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2009, 23:29 

thanks for the picture am jalous lol am wainting mine too its so long but am sure you know what it is

do you use 3 xbox to be able to play with 3 screen ??

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2009, 23:36 
Editors
Editors

Couldn't post earlier forum was having some issues.

I had to ask, can you explain exactly why and what makes it better than the G25?

I had been keeping an eye out on the G27 its supposed to be much improved over the G25 with the new gears (no grinding) and it has the extra buttons and stuff and I have seen it for like $209.00 at the lowest and that was my goal wheel if I really get into racing.

Right now I use a pretty basic Logitech Momo but it gets the job done.

I have to say the logitech profiler software is awesome and really increases compatibility of the wheels with games that would otherwise not support them, does the Fanatech have similar configurations so you can change the axis of each part of the wheel or some kind of similar software?

But yeah the Turbo S has my interest its belt driven so no grinding like the G27 but I think belts may wear faster than the tried and true gears on the G25/G27 wheel.

Im trying to find a review on the normal vs club sport versions of the fanatech wheels, from what I can tell its just some adjustable force on the brakes and stuff and some extra feedback in the pedals.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 00:02 

Couldn't post earlier forum was having some issues.

I had to ask, can you explain exactly why and what makes it better than the G25?

I had been keeping an eye out on the G27 its supposed to be much improved over the G25 with the new gears (no grinding) and it has the extra buttons and stuff and I have seen it for like $209.00 at the lowest and that was my goal wheel if I really get into racing.

Right now I use a pretty basic Logitech Momo but it gets the job done.

I have to say the logitech profiler software is awesome and really increases compatibility of the wheels with games that would otherwise not support them, does the Fanatech have similar configurations so you can change the axis of each part of the wheel or some kind of similar software?

But yeah the Turbo S has my interest its belt driven so no grinding like the G27 but I think belts may wear faster than the tried and true gears on the G25/G27 wheel.

Im trying to find a review on the normal vs club sport versions of the fanatech wheels, from what I can tell its just some adjustable force on the brakes and stuff and some extra feedback in the pedals.

Where do I start haha.

Yes it does have the similar type of config. It's also wireless to pc. Has a RF Dongle. Here are some screens of the config screens.

Now these are the things I like about the wheel personal preference I guess but really cool features.

PC, PS3, and 360
Adjust settings on the fly on the wheel some of these settings are
degrees 210, 270, 360, 540, 900

Force Feedback 33, 66, 100, off

Rumble Motors 33, 66, 100, off "Now this is one of my fav features the rumble motors work with the ABS"

Abs Now my favorite feature that works with the above motors. You can set this from 0-100 and depending on where it is set at when you hit the brake even on standard pedals the wheel will vibrate at the mark you set it to. I like this feature because I usually play games with ABS off so this way I know how far to press the brake pedal because I can feel when the wheel vibrates from the rumble motors.

Drift off, 1, 2, 3 I think there is now 6 in some games I am not completely sure what it does someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe in a drift it will keep the wheel locked in a drift somehow knows haha thats what it felt like to me.

The force feedback on this wheel is a lot stronger then my old G25. It is very quit too. It just feels natural. The rim is thicker which I like. The shifter is rock solid and not sloppy.

Now the difference between the standard pedals and the Clubsport are standard are plastic and the clubsport are metal. I do not have the clubsport but I wish I did. They are adjustable you can take the actual pedal off and screw it back on where you want for like easier heel toe. The clubsports also have a brake cell hooked up to them. They can also be adjusted. I will post a picture of both pedals so you can see the difference.

Standard Pedals

Clubsport

I hope this answers some of your questions. You will not regret getting this wheel if you decide to.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 01:04 
Insiders
Insiders

Does the force feedback work no matter what platform you play on? I was looking at this because I do a lot of PC racing as well as xbox. I have the Microsoft and was kinda pissed when i got home and couldn't get FF on my PC.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 01:08 
Editors
Editors

the only axis option I saw was the combine pedals, thats the only flaw I see.

I have had a few games that I had to actually change the axis of the momo for it to work. Say the pedal is the RZ axis or something so I had to change it to a Rotation axis.

I suppose this is not a big deal for those who are only playing mainstream games but for me I like to play some smaller titles that may not have the kind of settings needed to support the fanatec wheel at default.

No time soon am I upgrading my wheel but I will look at the price of the fanatec and decide then when the time comes if something better has not come along by then.

I know the fanatec has no deadspots for force feedback and 3 motors vs the 2 on the G25/G27 so that may be good, but the 2 logitech motors may be a lot stronger so # of motors alone is not a valid way to represent the power of the feedback. Even my lowly Momo has yanked me quite hard when I get a big bump, Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box has some really great force feedback programmed into it. When you hit something you feel it, and when you do stuff like roll on train tracks it really feels like it :D

I played Dirt 2 all day today, was fun but man I suck at it I think I did worse with the wheel than I did with the 360 controller. Definitly not a petal to the metal game lots of throttle control required.

My favorite 3 right now

> Dirt 2
> Need For Speed Shift
> Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box

So as you can see I dont really have the hardcore sim games on my list. What games do you like to play the most with your wheel?

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 01:21 

Well I guarantee that the force feedback on the Fanatec is STRONGER then the logitech wheels I used to have a G25 so....

I have played both Dirt 2 and Shift and there is a pre set for the Fanatec wheel.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 03:19 

How do the Fanatec regular pedals compare to the G25's ? Is the shifter better as well?

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 03:40 
Insiders
Insiders

I love this wheel... I had a chance to try it when I did a project for Forza 3.

Its very smooth and quiet but strong, I have a G25 and its night and day compared to this wheel.

Lucky you for getting one, I'm totally jealous :)

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 03:59 
Insiders
Insiders

This is my one xmas present the family is buying for me. I bought the clubsport pedals a week or so ago. They're to arrive on the 10th. I have UPS shipping info on it. The Turbo S wheel package I just put in for purchase 2 days ago. No shipping confirmation on that yet. It's good to see these finally shipping. Digging around, it looks like some people have been waiting months on pre-order for these wheels. I'm glad I'm only now buying it, so I didn't have to wait all that time for production.

I'm making a 986/996 racing simpit using this hardware and pulling a composite mold of the center console and dash from the 986 I have in the garage. I picked up an instrument cluster on ebay, so I need to figure out how to interface that. Interfacing the cluster is going to be a PITA, but worse case I just gut it and put in servos to run the gauges. I'd rather figure out how to interface it though. It should turn out to be a pretty bada$$ racing simpit once done. Now just to learn how not to suck at driving online and I'm all set. :lol:

The only downside about the Turbo S is that it's a limited production run item. It's simply not going to ever have the adoption rate of the G25/27. That means most of the aftermarket mods will remain with the logitech users. I also hear the design of the shifters is weak. I'll most likely upgrade shifters come b-day if it's true. The Lightning SST looks great, but if Fanatec came out with a Clubsport shifter that was decent price that wouldn't be bad either.

:rockout